AFS Cornering Warning Light

Lucas10200

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Everyone, i'm new to the forum. I currently live in Bogota, Colombia and i own a 2011 Cupra. The car tuning scene isn't very comon here as there are very few cars like this in the country and imported cars are very expensive. Also, gas is very expensive (most expensive in latin america, highest octane is only 87) and Bogota is 2500 meters above sea level.

I was still able to manage 350hp to the wheels in the Cupra with all the bolt ons, fuel pump, forge intercooler, APR stage 2.5, etc.

I bought the car used, the owner before me switched the 4 bulbs in the corners of the headlights to LEDs. The car had the AFS cornering light failure warning message and the yellow blinking bulb error also. I switched the 4 LED bulbs to normal bulbs but the errors did not go away. I took the car to Colwagen (dealership for VW,Seat,Audi here in Colombia) and they told me they needed to update the ECU but that they couldnt because the ECU was chiped/tuned with the moded program. That if they went forward with the stock update, the ECU could break and I would need a new ECU. They told me to just deal with the error, that nothing could be done.

Is this true? Will the ECU break if Colwagen updates it with the latest stock Seat settings to fix the error? I thought that if they updated it to fix the warning light errors, I could then take the car to the tunner to have the APR stage 2.5 put back in.

What else can I do to have the warning message and light go away? It really annoys me to see it there all the time.

Lucas10200

Jan 25, 2016
It appears to be the coding with the headlights in the ECU but the dealership will not upate it because the ECU was chiped and they think it could break if they update it.

What should i do? Just deal with the warning error?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
@LukecupraR do you have LED's in place as well or still the standard bulbs?

Do you have the Fog lights as LED aswell as the sidelights and DRL lights?

Cheers

LukecupraR

Oct 8, 2018
I have led lights in my side lights but normal halogen in my fog lights! And I have my side lights and dipped beam as my drl through Carist, have you had any luck with this yet?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.