After Market double din sat nav radio issue

BeastFR

:clap:Hi Guys

I hope someone can help me out here.
I have installed an aftermarket Satnav double din radio into my car which has been working perfectly.

I have up and till recently had to unplug my battery which resets the onboard computer at which point it now picks up all my radios functions and displays this beautifully on the MDF screen :clap:

The problem is for me to view the radio functions on my MDF screen you hold down the button on your indicator for a couple seconds and it goes into your Setup Menu.
Once I select the Audio option all my radio functions are displayed and controls work etc.
However I can't seem to leave the audio screen and go back to my normal MDF screen where it shows you all the car stats IE L/100KM etc

Please could someone tell me how I can switch between the two or if this is a bug in the system etc?

Thanks

BeastFR

Yea can't get back to the MFD options menu when I hold down the arm button :(
I don't see an exit option.

Maximus2000uk

I had this problem when I installed a similar system - mine was the Waywell system.

You'll have to either unplug the battery, or unplug the actual radio system from the car itself. Also, dont go back to the Audio system through the MFD!

Good luck!

Max

BeastFR

Thanks Maximus2000uk

So then there is no chance of being able to switch? its one or the other :(

Maximus2000uk

Im not sure in terms of swtiching from MFD to the other options, excluding Audio. I cant remember trying since I always just have it on the MFD info screen.

king6897

Hi sorry i tad off the original question but my wife has just bought a FR tonight and i am going to be fitting her new head unit her Fr is a 57 plate I take it these are a canbus system like most Seat/VW's and can you guide me on where to get the facia parts and what I will need please?

Thks
paul

Maximus2000uk

Paul,

Email seremotors on this site and he can provide you with the bits of trim you'll need.

Max