Aftermarket exhaust

jorgii

Jan 4, 2011
On a Leon cupra with the cupra r rear bumper valance

I'm trying to find a exhaust however some makes don't do one for a leon with a centre exit exhaust, what is the equivalent on a golf isit a mk5 r32 exhaust for the rear section of the exhaust?

Also what do you guys recommend for exhaust e.g sounds nicest best performance gain

Many thanks guys

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
Its not quite the same as the Mk5 R32. The spacing of the tail pieces are exactly the same as the R32 = 210mm centre to centre. The difference comes in the height that the tail pieces sit. On the Cupra R the pipes are angled upwards clearly seen on the Milltek system for the Cupra R. The standard Cupra R exhaust rear section has two goosenecks just after the back box to bring the tail pieces up to the correct height.

I think Milltek looks the best and sounds great, but its pricey.

jorgii

Jan 4, 2011
Yeah so the r32 back box will fit, it's just other brands that I couldn't find cupra r back box, yeah the price is what is putting me off because they sound the dogs just wondering if anyone else has used any other system, I can get a custom system made up from EMP but I don't know is its just going to sound like a 1.1 106 with a big back box, I been hearing good things about vortex but people also been saying they can't get that whistling like you see on some of the videos on YouTube

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
Yeah so the r32 back box will fit, it's just other brands that I couldn't find cupra r back box, yeah the price is what is putting me off because they sound the dogs just wondering if anyone else has used any other system, I can get a custom system made up from EMP but I don't know is its just going to sound like a 1.1 106 with a big back box, I been hearing good things about vortex but people also been saying they can't get that whistling like you see on some of the videos on YouTube

The r32 box wont fit as the pipes will be miles away from the cutouts in the bumper. Bcs do an exhaust for the r that has good reviews on here

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah a couple of R owners including myself had milteks and have since moved on to bcs systems.
Main reasons were better build quality and better sound and better looking.
Oh and another bcs are cheaper

jorgii

Jan 4, 2011
Yeah a couple of R owners including myself had milteks and have since moved on to bcs systems.
Main reasons were better build quality and better sound and better looking.
Oh and another bcs are cheaper

I just had a look on there site could fine seat listing or prices where did you get yours from and how much?

Thanks guys

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.