Aftermarket wheel fitment - help required.

gordybaillie

Jan 5, 2006
Dunfermline - Scotland
Hi

I have just bought a 54 plate Ibiza Cupra TDI and looking at changing the wheels and fitting coilovers.

Does anyone run 19's and if I go with 18's what is the widest I can go at the rear without going outwith the arch and what is the widest at the front to still get full lock - obviously the ET will affect this but any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Gordy

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
19"s? no chance 18" wil need the archs doing and a very low profile tyre

whats wrong with the cupra alloys?

save some money keep them and just put 20mm spacers on the back.

if you realy want to change them i wouldnt go wide at the front just the back as i beleive this can cause problems with handling?

but bigwill on here as a good offset both front and back check his readers ride section out and see what u think?

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
You can find pictures of Ibizas with 18"s on in the forum - doesn't look good at all IMO. The car just isn't big enough.

You can't get much better than the original Cupra alloys (except my VRS alloys :p)

gordybaillie

Jan 5, 2006
Dunfermline - Scotland
Thanks for the replies. Saw the black IHI Mk4 Cupra with 18" BBS CH's and it got me thinking as they really suited the car.

Wheels need a refurb so was toying with the idea of changing them but they do suit the car really well.

Coilovers and new front seats + a refurb is on the cars I think.

Anyone changed the front seats? - I just think they look a bit ordinary and the interior could do with a freshen up. Looking at Recaro CS's or RS4 seats but they are approx £1,400.

Thanks

bertrum

The IHI Mk4 from what I remember had some arch work done. You're right, really does suit it.

Seats wise, you'll need custom subframes for the RS4 seats, probably the Recaros too.

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
who mentioned arch work......pffftttt :lol:

naaa on a serious note you can put 18's under no bother.......mine is and it's lowers on coilovers and no real problems !

they are 18 x 8 - petes is the one with the bbs ch's 18 x 8.5 inch and i believe he has had arch work done but it is seriously low.......and wide !