Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
Liking the 312's dont you find that hammerite bubbles after the brakes get to a certain temp though. Got 150oc paint on mine and even that has started to bubble on the disks!!

Aimez

Well my standard calipers are painted with it been on there 3 years, filled in a couple of chips last summer to tidy them up for show season but other than that they lasted.

Just checked my rear no. plate LEDs still going strong. Going to start buying a few more bits now and some new detailing stuff as well next week.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Awaiting the slow delivery of CRN grooved discs and now ahve fianlly decided on DS2500 pads, expensive but the discs are not expensive and EBC pads & CRN don't mix so well I hear!

I had the exact same setup on my Ibiza, must say I miss the bite of the Ibiza brakes! The pads are expensive but well worth it! Will get the same for the Golf when the time comes....

Aimez

You have a golf now clearly I have missed something, let me guess R32?!
Good to know a couple of peep on IOC have this setup and they have stage 2 & 3 remaps so I have gone a bit OTT but the discs are cheap not here yet will complain tomorrow been 7 days, the pads are out of stock so gotta wait as well!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
You have a golf now clearly I have missed something, let me guess R32?!
Good to know a couple of peep on IOC have this setup and they have stage 2 & 3 remaps so I have gone a bit OTT but the discs are cheap not here yet will complain tomorrow been 7 days, the pads are out of stock so gotta wait as well!

Yeh I have an R32. And I know a few people on there does, I think Tom does and T.Spark does.....

Aimez

These arrived today despite them emailing me saying they were out of stock and 4 days wait. CRN discs not here after 8 days so not impressed as not communication until I asked where they were, said there would be a delay if you did not fill in vehicle details but a week is a bit silly. Good job my brakes aren't shot then really.

Aimez

As if lol they make me stop! Going with the 312 carriers and calipers for the upgrade I would definitely not want to fit all that would have no clue! Also ordered some detailing bits, a wheel brush and another brush for cleaning in gaps I can never clean, can some Megs 16paste wax and some new shampoo for a change.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
As if lol they make me stop! Going with the 312 carriers and calipers for the upgrade I would definitely not want to fit all that would have no clue! Also ordered some detailing bits, a wheel brush and another brush for cleaning in gaps I can never clean, can some Megs 16paste wax and some new shampoo for a change.

Ohhh Megs 16 is good :D
What wheel brush did you go for? I am going to get the EZ Wheel brush next I think along with some Diablo and G101.
Still waiting for my R32 Rear Brakes though :censored:
Alex

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Can't remember what it is called in a thin one for between calipers and thin spokes, I know my wheels are not that bad but I keep missing bits where the spokes meet.

I know what you mean. Mines are a bit like that times but I use a swisswax small brush and then a big wheel brush and that usually covers everything.
Got a big detailing meet on Sunday so might end up spending pennies there :D You need anything??
Alex

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
still looks more personalised than mine :p, thinking about suspension soon as one of my bushes is starting to cracking so i thinking just do the whole lot lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.