Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

Aimez

I tried again and had success! There are a few clips as shown on the pillars that hold them in place then look like the foam underneath is glued, the drivers side was a bitch as it was removed when accident damage was repaired a few years back and they put loads of black sealant under under it. Not necessary as they clip back on fine the screws I need to buy new ones they do very little thou just to tidy it up really. Not too bad for my first vinyl attempt?!

P1020611.jpg

P1020603.jpg

P1020609.jpg

P1020608.jpg

P1020610.jpg

Last edited:

Aimez

Still in Croydon they having trouble getting the colour I want in stock all the prices for it were stupid so he had to shop about. Not sure they will even go on til next year now as gonna be for summer only as they only lasted 3 years before being on all the time!

Aimez

That was on the way out not got them back yet I will chase tomorrow as was they were meant to be done last week. The wheel staying off til next year anyway no point now it's Autumn they are not getting wrecked in 3 years like last time.

Aimez

Car is looking good :)

How did you get the side bits off which were by the window? (the bits you sprayed black)

Yes, vinyled not painted thou; see a few post above with the pics

Will be fitting a jetex conical air filter next weeks then I need to sort out my flip key as the blade snapped in the ignition 2 years after I did the flip key mod! Needs a new FR circular badge on the key fob anyway and will prob buy a new cover for the fob from Sere to brighten it up too.

Paul_fr

Haha my car has a double.... Great looking car! Only thing I don't have the tints. But I have VRS wheels etc.

Better get my splits on

Aimez

Thanks for the kind comments people my car tends to get overlooked at most meets with all the cupras!
Updates are that the wheels never got done and I got fed up of the guy not communicating so pulled them out and took them to Herts Blasting where they are now they have been acid dipped and candy orange powder it going over them (getting all 5 done and front upper strut brace too). I have got to re paint the calipers now or will look awful and will lower the front a fraction more when they go on.
Also I did fit a Jetex filter but I am useless at things like that and my attempts to make a support bracket failed and the cone now has a dent in it where it dropped. So I taken it off for now not sure what to do, if only a company made heat shields they are a perfect support!
My friend Tim will finish fitting the gas bonnet struts I think I mentioned before (we rand out of time when he fixed my coilover adjuster and lowered it and the bolts did not fit in the brackets). After that headlining that I got from the breakers gonna be trimmed but not sure if I should go with urban camo or not? Basically the theme I think will be all black bar the wheels and brace as I am not gonna be able to colour cod things to this lovely candy orange.

Any idea of claiper colours all i can think of is black or if another colour it gotta fit with orange and black. I am going to vinyl the front and rear S Badges I think next.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I would do the calipers black or another dark colour otherwise they'll clash with the orange. Are you going to be around at AMD on the 4th?

Get your tape measure out and make a custom heatshield :thumbup:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.