Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Aimee, have you asked Bill about a Jetex supporting heatshield or some sort for your car? He might be able to do something or know someone that makes one up?

Looking forward to seeing the car again this year.

Aimez

Yes he said he doesn't sell them, I cannot even make a supporting bracket let alone a heat shield lol.
Yeh I will be at Amd going on the RR smoking people out (I didn't go to the last RR day) to see if the turbo back de-cat makes any difference lol!

Black calipers is all I can think of, then people say it's boring as it doesn't show off the 312 brakes, but I got grooved discs and I could stick a Seat sport logo on maybe? I think adding another colour to go with the orange is hard work lol! Think the wheel will have more of an impact too.

On a boring note car had it's service last week and fitted an ECS magnetic drain plug, replaced front shock bolts that were a bit corroded when the coilovers were dismantled. Also sorted out my car insurance with Sky all mod covered. Roll on pay day eeeek!

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dont see how people can say black calipers will be boring when your going to have orange wheels.

I'll have a look round this at AMD, it'll be good to have alot of SEAT's around. The last 2 north east rr days I've been to have been full of Golfs.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cool good stuff will look over the car at AmD then, so give her a good clean :) Lol.

Decat will be sweet as! Rollers are going to be covered in soot and fuel on this rr day I feel! Quite a few decat cars are going and planning on doing the RR... Including mine lol.

There must be somewhere out there that would make you up a bracket? Have you spoke to Jabbasport?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Dont see how people can say black calipers will be boring when your going to have orange wheels.

I'll have a look round this at AMD, it'll be good to have alot of SEAT's around. The last 2 north east rr days I've been to have been full of Golfs.

Golfs!!!?? :ban:

Steve*

Sweet looking car. Cant wait to see it with the VRS wheels back on.
Cant believe how well the hid's worked. That will be one of the first mods on my new MK4 when I collect it.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
I'm doin my calipers black got bored of the red.also getting the 16s painted next week don't no of to keep them on for summer and use my FRs for winter yet

Aimez

winter wheels are the best option if you can do it Adam, the tyres on my FR wheels are poor got told at the service rear ones are getting perished as really old!

Steve slim ballast HID are one fo my top 3 mods I think 1. remap 2. HIDs 3. rear ARB

I have not asked anyone else about making a heat shield no. Bonnet struts be done soon as soon as Tim is free!

Steve*

Yeah although the ARB and remap would be pointless for me. On my 2nd 1.2 MK4. Maybe later in the year i will upgrade to fr or cupra.

On a side note, have you considered lime green calipers? A mate of mine had them on his A3 with orange wheels and they looked suprisingly well. All depends on the shade of orange your using really :)

Aimez

Candy orange like this http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...54880712.78742.175840729137289&type=1&theater

so difficult I think I will just leave the wheels as a bold statement on their own, need to sort the headlining now thou was thinking urban camo, maybe digital style but maybe it will be too OTT?! Also not sure if that an or vinyl bonnet might be a bit too much really. I only wanted the vinyl to cover up the hiddious stone chips!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
You stil not done that roof yet lol have you done a photoshop for your bonnet? Mines got loads of stonechips but i call them beauty spots :)

Aimez

I did do it black 2 years ago with all the cupra black pillars etc and it looks crap lol! The order this year was always gonna be to sort out **** ups 1. wheels (they will be ready by next week) 2. bonnet struts (hopefully sorted Saturday) 3. Headlining have a found a company on fb but dunno what to do! I have not done a photo shop as I wanted like a image/shape not to cover the entire bonnet you see but only thing I come up with is Jack Skellington form nightmare before Christmas!

Aimez

So my mate Tim fitted thus Jetex filter and brackets and gas bonnet struts
568466c2-a0d8-48d9.jpg
568466c2-a0ea-cddd.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
Car is now as low as can be cos of the ARB problem but some before and after pics, before pics are crap as I have actually been really ill with bad cough and cold so was not feeling to good the last few days
P1010183.jpg

P1010182.jpg

Before
P1010178.jpg

P1010177.jpg

After
P1010185.jpg

P1010186.jpg

P1010179.jpg

You can see my wheel is already damaged by our local roads went out for a few things today and went over a deep drain cover ans that is what done it! My nice wheel are like this a bit already so am thinking of refurbing the standard ones and puttign them back on as am not getting on too well with these low profile tyres they are just not up to our crap roads!
I also have had to remove the nice wheel nut covers as had to buy a set of new locking wheel nuts ans the covers do not fit them!
Oh well new front ARB will go on next week and it does drive really nice now was getting so fed up of the bouncy FR suspension I actually wanted to get rid of the car and cos things keep going wrong!
Hi Aimez,

Your car is looking lovely!

I've just ordered weitecs to replace my ap coilovers (hopefully a good choice !) how low is your rear suspension here ? And can you remember how far down the strut you set the front adjusters? Your car looks lower now in your sig is that because they settled alot or you fixed your arb problem and lowered further?

I would continue reading but takes forever on my phone. My ap coilovers currently have about 2 finger gap on the back and 1 on the front I quite like this stance but I want to nail it first time and not have to adjust on the car. I've read when bedded in the drop is about another 1/4 to 1/2 inch

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
When i fitted my coilovers i didnt let them settle befor setting them to the hight i wanted after a few days it settled and it rubbed so had to raise them a bit still rubs now and then but will have my 16s back on this week hopefully

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
When i fitted my coilovers i didnt let them settle befor setting them to the hight i wanted after a few days it settled and it rubbed so had to raise them a bit still rubs now and then but will have my 16s back on this week hopefully

What did you install weitecs ? How much would you say they dropped after settling ? 1/2 inch ? I might just set mine same height as my aps when I remove them i guess the overall height of two brands will be the same(ish)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.