Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

Aimez

Candy red so darker than that I don't care what anyone thinks now tbh when I said I was doing orange some people hates some loved had enough stress getting these done after the first place messed me about! I am going to buy another set of rims this year and do another colour as not much more can do to the car really.

At the weekend had success with getting the air filter supported doesn't knock anymore, changed a break light bulb lol and fitted the strut brace. I still need to figure out what to do about my wiper they are crap after 9 month the driver side blade judders and am fed up with it. I ran out of time to take arch liners out and clean up coilover and paint calipers as had to go out and this weekend busy too.

I am ordering the chipex touch up kit to do more chips and am still no further on the headlining ideas! Getting there be ready for Springfest soon thou!

Last edited:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Candy red wheels are going to look something else against the black! It is such an awesome colour.

As said above doesnt matter what anyone thinks about the colour of the wheels. End of the day its your car and you drive it everyday.

Aimez

they will only stay on for summer thou then i want to find some others in another colours need to nerd up on wheels a but thou on wheel *****s i used a link that told me my wheels must be PCD 5x100 offset 30-45 with centre bore 57.1 diameter but I have no idea about what width they can be or anything which you need when on ebay.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
7j, 7.5j and 8j are all ok, although people may run wider on more extreme setups...My OZ's are 8j's, I run a 205 stretched a little to avoid constant rubbing with being lowered.

Aimez

I am a bit scared of stretch tbh lol but the car is lowered alot these days so you make a good point. What are standard wheel width then on the 16 or 17 mk4s come with? Too wide and MOT failure too so I would go that OTT and you get enough issues with uneven tyre wear on lowered cars no point making it worse I guess. Also on the widths you posted do you have to change the tyres widths too? See is a minefield to me!

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I think the standards are 7 or 7.5, so you're not pushing the boundaries too much :) I run the same offsets as Scott-O did on his cupra, he was running 8j's and stretched 205/40/17 tyres as well, so same tyres, jsut with tiniest amount of stretch. Not the best pic to illustrate it but it looks a bit like this on those fitments:

IMAG0191.jpg

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
red and orange ew no way clash! You cannot so that with powder coat unless you paint over the powder after obviously. 3 colours too much hard work anyway for me!

Red OR orange! (or lime green!)
Understated, and you get to keep it mainly black.

Aimez

hard to tell from a pic rather than in person but it looks okay nothing too OTT and still all legal & MOt passable i presume?

Oh i see Dezeze well now i have red already if I ever get another set of wheels would be very different colour.

Now I have a free weekend I can get some more bits done, need to spray the air filter supports black and trim one of them down to tidy it up and order the chipex kit. Think I will get my tyres put on the wheels this weekend.

Last edited:

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
Aimez, please do not stretch them tyres, it's awful, and you drive a Seat, not a disgusting dub wagon from hell!
Dubbers are the scourge of all thats evil in this world! Barry as f**k!
KEEP HER BLACK! :)

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
hard to tell from a pic rather than in person but it looks okay nothing too OTT and still all legal & MOt passable i presume?

Oh i see Dezeze well now i have red already if I ever get another set of wheels would be very different colour.

Now I have a free weekend I can get some more bits done, need to spray the air filter supports black and trim one of them down to tidy it up and order the chipex kit. Think I will get my tyres put on the wheels this weekend.

Yeah no problem for MOT at all, on Toyo's website it actually lists 205 as a fitment for 8J (I checked before I did it), I've thrown it around a bit on them, it's fine :)

Aimez

I would never go OTT as I already said as it looks and probably handles poorly. My tyres are currently 205 40 and the originals are 205 45 i think I was thinking going the other way with fatter tyres at one point as was fed up of pot holes ruining my wheels but am used to it now!
Rear tyres are fecked almost on my FR wheels I had on all winter as they are really old but think I will just get another set of wheels in a silly colour and get some T1Rs with maybe a tiny bit stretch not sure. I got nothing else really much left i can do to the car without spending thousands on stage 2 map and clutch so why not.

Anyway this weekend for sure I will paint the calipers black as set to be dry and no commitments finally to drive places!

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Slightly better to give you an idea of stretch, barely any stretch at all on a 205 on an 8j Aimez

283478_10150246897126786_542816785_7938071_1795425_n.jpg

Gloss black calipers behind candy red wheels? Nom!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members