Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Finally finished my exhaust manifold! Here are some pics:

img09021.jpg

img09041z.jpg

img09031.jpg

img09061f.jpg

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
After I finsihed making them up i gave them a good clean, managed to put a ding on the inlet :( not huge tho so doesnt matter!

img09011.jpg

img09051.jpg

Then all heat wrapped:

img0928r.jpg

img0930ox.jpg

img0929vn.jpg

I have a little porting left to do on the flanges , i've been so busy with work I haven't had a time to finish them off.
Hopefully get it finished over the next few days and have them in for the weekend.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
how have those new manifolds been performing????

Great! the intake has made a huge difference, air flow is so much better.
Unfortunately I did not fit the exhaust manifold yet as (at the time) I needed some 2.5" SS to change the shape of the downpipe slightly. It arrived ages ago but I've not had time to fit it. Was in Germany and Switzerland on business, then to the States. Been away almost a month now!
Before that I was too busy with work! I will prob do it over the winter now cz I want to re spray it...I have some new nozzles too so will do some head work while the engine is out.
Apart from that it runs great, I STILL haven't had it RR'd lol!
I need some free time!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2010
you respraying the car again? and you sound like you have a very busy career. must be good getting around haha

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
fyi i just bumped some pics of your car getting resprayed. teaching kids about electrostatic spraying etc so your pics will do nicely.

thanks!

your car is gonna be famous amongst school kids :p

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Any more progress have u had it sprayed yet or rolling roaded yet plus how's your oil breather filter u fitted going I love this car :)

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
What colour now? :p

a grey of some sort ;)
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any more progress have u had it sprayed yet or rolling roaded yet plus how's your oil breather filter u fitted going I love this car :)

Nope :( i just don’t have the time...I need to sort out suspension and a million other things which are just sitting there needing to go on...but I’m just too busy.
Oil breather filter is working fine although I have felt like there is a lot more oil being sucked through the head and through the filter than there should be. The clear tube attached to the bottom of the filter seems to fill up every couple of weeks – that’s around 75ml of oil….

I’m just back from France and have a busy few weeks ahead. I think I'll lay everything out, make sure I have everything I need and take a few days off and sort it all out at once…Plus want go away boarding sometime!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members