Seat Leon cupra r 2003

The air con compressor is not turning on when the aircon button is pressed

I have checked power to the compressor and no power is at the plug

Is there a fuse I need to check?

Last edited:

Cupra Mason

Mk1 Cupra R Stage 2
Jul 12, 2017
Could be low on gas, I know they don't kick in if it's low but not sure if it would completely cut out power.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
No power at the plug could be the fuse but could be faulty wiring or a failed pressure switch.

Without knowing the right fuse it is really easy to view the fuse panel and see any that have broken wire/blown.

Last edited:

fuqa

Apr 27, 2006
milton keynes
hi

thanks for the replies

yes scanned with vagcom and no alerts

all fuses fine

i suspect it could be low pressure and thus the aircon pressure switch isnt engaging allowing power to the compressor

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Had mine gassed, as was very low. However, it came out of the garage with a broken compressor and now it doesn't work at all. They just told me I have to replace the unit. :(

fuqa

Apr 27, 2006
milton keynes
so i had the car gassed and it was a little low, unfortunately the air con still doesnt work. air con symbol stays on but compressor not engaging (no power to the plug on the compressor)

can anyone advise where the air con pressure switch is located?

many thanks

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Try entering the self diagnosis mode in this thread, http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440455 (post #5)

Some people have found just entering that mode can sort things out, even if it shows no fault codes.

If no joy from doing that, then the Pressure switch is number 9 below

bqLew5P.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise