Air con won't turn on

Apr 5, 2019
My air con won't turn on and I am thinking its the fuse, I have tried changing the fuse it says in the manual ( 10 amp ) but its not worked . Does anyone know the number of the correct fuse for the air con? so I can double check I have changed the right one. Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What year is your Ibiza as that might influence what the fuse number is?

Also, your AC might be protecting itself if it is low in R134a charge - or the pressure sensor might be faulty? Maybe have a look in the area of the pressure sensor - on the larger diameter R134a on the RHS of the car under the bonnet, very easy to see, if there is any signs of oily dampness then I'd say that switch is faulty/leaking at the seal and needs replacing and that the R134a charge will now be too low for the system to run.

Reactions: LeighPing1

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
Having had two second hand Ibiza FRs, 14+15 plates, both bought with the Aircon not working, so much for the Seat used car prep, both had no gas in the system, the Aircon in both worked ok after regassing
We’ve also had a 63 plate Ibiza Toca with the Aircon not working, that was a compressor failure, fixed under warranty

Reactions: LeighPing1
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise