air filter fitting

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
my friend has given me a universal K&N air filter but it has a curved pipe with it, anybody know where i can get a straight pipe to connect it up

or know where i can buy another type of pipe to connect it

been to a few shops and they say they dont sell them seperate, but there must be somewhere to get them from
thanks

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
i measured it at 70mm diameter but the majority of pipes are 76mm diameter on ebay, would the jubilie clip hold this on?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
no i have a 1.4 sc so it has a pipe running from the grill im taking that off and having the filter on the end of the pipe

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
no i have a 1.4 sc so it has a pipe running from the grill im taking that off and having the filter on the end of the pipe
remember, Seat go to a lot of trouble to make sure cool, clean, dry air reaches the inlet. an open filter in the bay won't deliver 2 of those. you could end up with less power, or a dead engine if it sucks in splashed water. this is 1 thing you have to get right.:(

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
The thing is that it will suck on Hot air that can drastically decrease your performance. i would go for the In-box filter.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
right you have made up my mind then im not going to bother with it, just wanted to make it sound a bit louder, to be honest i dont have a clue about engines i just thought it was a simple swap sort of thing never mind, thanks guys

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
yeah im in 2 minds aswell. think if it is in the air box it will be ok..

does any one know if you can modify another box and just replace it with the standard one when car goes in for warranty work? or will another box and piper have to be fitted?

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
Don't know, i am looking for something to do as well , just finished my audio system now i want to upgrade the performance, not much to do with the 1.6 petrol sadly... i might order the K&N inbox and add a Free Flow Exhaust. there is the Chip tuning but without a turbo it can add may be 10 HP and a bit of torque.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members