Airbag... grrr!

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Mate I have a full set for seat covers here from my sport that are brand new!

They should be the same pattern as your!
Heres a pic
dscf01169de.jpg

If this had of happened about 3 months ago I would of had the airbag and steering wheel from my sport was well, but I sold it on ebay for £100!

Sure if you need the seat covers let me know and we can sort something out!

Triple D

I think that the seat trim pattern is different in the FR compared to the Sport.

T. Spark

Cant remember what mine looks like inside! Cheers for the offer, but me thinks im going to try and blag it under warrenty... sumhow :D

Triple D

Sir SparkSter said:
Cant remember what mine looks like inside! Cheers for the offer, but me thinks im going to try and blag it under warrenty... sumhow :D
Good luck mate, although i think your gonna be dissapointed.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Sir SparkSter said:

Piece of piss this, get your wheel refurbed asap, then just go down there and say you were driving along, and pulled up at ajunction and it set off.

But do it soon, as not sure if the ECu will record time and date when the airbag went off, and longer you leave it, less genuine it looks,

And not being funny, what is it with you lot, First bunnin, then you, whats up can't you stick to the road, or was it too much soot in your eyes

Triple D

Ant FR said:
And not being funny, what is it with you lot, First bunnin, then you, whats up can't you stick to the road, or was it too much soot in your eyes
LMAO i know what you mean though, i dont think these chaps can control there cars when it comes to corners, only in a straight line. :lol:

Triple D

You've been away for a while Ant, any news on your Soot Monster yet? You''l end up using that as a weekend car and the Fr as your weekday car. :lol:

sted

random wierdo
just borrow mikes equivalent wheel lol same age car etc so they shouldn't know the diff

i really doubt you'll get it under warranty though it Worth a try as i bet the ecu will record what you were doing when the airbag went off

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
spaniels fr said:
You've been away for a while Ant, any news on your Soot Monster yet? You''l end up using that as a weekend car and the Fr as your weekday car. :lol:

not sure thats gonna happen now, as changed jobs already and moved back into central london so still on the train to get to work,

plus have decided i want a blue light on top of my next comapny car, if you know what i mean. but not till late next year as got to sort fitness first!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
If your dealer won't do it under warranty, write to Seat UK head office - explain what happened, it was such a minor impact etc etc and see what they say. You've got nothing to lose.
In my experience the dealers will try and wriggle out of warranty claims if it's not clear cut, in which case getting approval and authorisation from head office will swing it.

You've nothing to lose.

I'd be wary about trying to lie about it, now that you've described it fully on the here, Seat & their dealers do read these forums you know ;)

Triple D

Sorry to off topic but ive just looked at your signature Ant, what's the big plans for next year? Is it currently being discussed in the JBS forum? :whistle:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Also, I think the impact sensors are fixed to somewhere pretty solid on the chassis somewhere.

If you hit something on a panel, the panel would bend and cushion the impact a fair bit, so the car doesn't decelerate so quick; however, slide sideways into a kerb and you're going to transmit the whole impact straight to the chassis through the hub/wishbone etc without any absorbtion (sp?) - the sensors will see it as a high rate of deceleration and trigger.
That's my theory anyway.

T. Spark

Ya, there is no body work damage or anything to the car, just a flat, airbag and maybe power steering pipe (dont know yet)

But if they read on here, then they should know I aint lying, in the sense it shouldnt have gone off! Well, I didnt c the need anyway!

See how it goes... got another thread going to try and limit the damage to my wallet if I cant get it done under warrenty

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members