Airbag light (LCR)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Righto this is the last thing i need to sort is the airbag light, ive vagcom'd it and its come up with this...

Fault code:
00589 - Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N131)
00589 - Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N131): Resistance too High
00589 - Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N131): Upper Limit Exceeded
Possible Symptoms
Airbag Warning Light active
Possible Causes

Wiring from/to Airbag Igniter Passenger Side (N131) faulty
Airbag Igniter Passenger Side (N131) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Wiring from/to Airbag Igniter Passenger Side (N131)
Check Airbag Igniter Passenger Side (N131)

Now ive briefly spoken to John and he said hard wirer the plug under the passenger seat due to them often failing?

Guessing i should disconnect the battery before hand..

any more input on this?

Gavla52

Ever since i have bought my LCR the airbag light has been on, I have taken it to Seat 2 times now, had a fault reader and still they 'cannot' fix the problem. Took it to my mates garage the other day, he had a play around under the seat for about 10mins and the light went off. Not sure what he did, said he just moved it a bit.

Cant give you anymore help other than that!

Sorry

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
my mate had this fault on his golf gti with the Airbag Igniter on the drivers side saying "Resistance too High"

after clearing it with vagcom and come back nearly straight away, we had a look under the seat and disconnected then reconnected the connector then cleared and hasnt come back on since

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Mines on at the moment too but I'm pulling my seat out either later or tomorrow morning to check it or change it! Mine came on after being parked up overnight and just starting the car!
Ak

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
That's the oem vw fix,

If that doesn't work and your still getting a resistance too high then it means the seat air bag is faulty or the connections on the airbag control unit counted need cleaning,

And if that doesn't work then you can fit a resistor inline, but this will stop the seat airbag going off in the event of an accident

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
You need VCDS to get the light off mtate, the £5 cable and VCDS lite will do it, get that off eBay

irishcupra04

Aug 8, 2014
I have the comp to turn it off but it keeps giving fault and light keeps coming on trying to stop the fault and then turn the light off

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Well if you clear the fault codes and it keeps coming back it means it's not fixed, try clearing the codes then restart the car the load VCDS up again and scan for faults

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.