airbag light

May 21, 2009
alright guys, the other day my dials were playing up the needles kept flickering so i took the dials out unplugged them then plugged them back in, WITHOUT taking steering wheel off, put them all back in and now the airbag light has come on, now i didnt remove the steering wheel but did take the top cowling off the steering wheel cowling, any ideas why its come on? i connected my scanguage but it couldnt find any codes

thomasa

Ibiza TDI Power
Aug 2, 2005
Chichester
www.briskoda.net
Hi
Ive had the cluster out quite a few times with no problems without taking steering wheel off.

Regarding the airbag light the only time i had a light come on on the dash was when i removed the glove box as there is an airbag deactivation switch in there.
I plugged into vag.com and it showed up - cleared and done.
Sounds very strange you dont get any error codes, maybe you need vag.com?
Could it be anything to do with the deactivation switch in the glove box?
Maybe knocked something
tom
:)

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Try disconnecting the battery and leaving it for an hour or so. If the light is on, there should be a fault code. Perhaps geting a copy of Vag-com would be a good idea? Be carefull when playing about with the airbags with vag-com and code readers though as some will permanantly damage airbags or cause detonation if not used correctley or with an incompatible system.

How did you remove the cowling without taking the wheel off? I thought there were two screws behind the wheel that you needed to undo to get it off?

May 21, 2009
the top cowl came straight off no problems, i wont mess with vag com on airbag, hopefully meeting up with a mate next week for him to have a look at it, it goes into seat on the 30th for loads of problems solving

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.