Airbag warning after fitting dash-cam in the Ateca

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi,

I fitted a dashcam into my wife's Ateca the other day and all was fine, however, we're now getting a dashcam flag on the screen when the ignition is turned on.

I fitted through the side panel and hardwired into the fuse box on the cigarette lighter fuse. As part of removing the panel, I had to unclip the airbag on/off switch which is a simple connector. I have reconnected it and checked all the fuses are still in place, but can't shift the error.

Anyone else had this? I've emailed the dealer, hopefully, it's just a reset.

Deleted member 98136

Exactly the same happened to me when I fitted one to my Ateca, cleared using my OBDeleven, as Yellow fr has already said.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Good to hear the Obdeleven cleared it. I triggered mine off on an Altea many moons ago by pulling a fuse under the bonnet, in those days it was a trip to the garage to have it cleared. I learnt from that not to pull fuses if you didnt know what they were connected too.

I think an open circuit on an airbag is deemed critical so you can't just plug it back in... other systems come up with errors I find on the Ateca but you can ignore them and delete them. Seem to get bus errors from time to time on mine. I'm sure going off with a door not shut triggers an error... hard door rubber in a new car. The partners Arona was riddled with errors that the dealer just deleted. I left those to them having discussed what I found with the partner. One was steering.

I did post up a map of the Ateca fuses on here.... I'm sure Sýphon found that thread :).

Oh yes Stepdey:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/fuse-47-location.456452/

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
That's what those Erwin manuals say :).

Actually Syphon should get a prize for getting to the fuse box in a RHD which is hidden behind the drop down glove box. My fingers arent strong enough to get the dampner arm off. Didnt want to do anything but wanted to be able to change a fuse if I needed too. Those faulty extension lights you use to get for Xmas that would blow a fuse and never use again.

Reactions: Syphon
Feb 6, 2020
Hi,

I fitted a dashcam into my wife's Ateca the other day and all was fine, however, we're now getting a dashcam flag on the screen when the ignition is turned on.

I fitted through the side panel and hardwired into the fuse box on the cigarette lighter fuse. As part of removing the panel, I had to unclip the airbag on/off switch which is a simple connector. I have reconnected it and checked all the fuses are still in place, but can't shift the error.

Anyone else had this? I've emailed the dealer, hopefully, it's just a reset.
У меня похожая проблема, скажите, вам ответили как ее решить?

Tell

Staff member
Its a VCDS scan reset using whatever VCDS tool (e.g.. VCDS itself, Obdeleven etc). Basically if you mess with airbag fuses by accident you have to do a clear error to get rid of the message. Its a safety feature. I guess Syphon decided better to be safe than sorry so took it to a dealer.

As another poster said disconnect the battery before electrical work but then if you have automatic mirrors that fold and electric window on one touch they can need retraining to work correctly.

Retraining as per the manual after battery disconnection:

Resetting one-touch opening and closing
The automatic open and close function will
not work if the battery has been temporarily
disconnected. The function can be restored
as follows:
– Close the window as far as it will go by lift-
ing and holding the electric window switch.
– Release the switch and then lift it again for
1 second. This will re-enable the automatic
function.
If you push (or pull) a button to the first
stage, the window will open (or close) until
you release the button. If you push or lift the
button briefly to the second stage, the win-
dow will open (one-touch opening) or close
(one-touch closing) automatically. If you op-
erate the button while the window is opening
or closing, it stops at this position.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
У меня похожая проблема, скажите, вам ответили как ее решить?

upload_2020-2-6_13-16-41.png

Reactions: Tell