Alana - Ipod ISO connector 8 Pin - Help ????

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Im looking to buy a Dension Ice link + so i can use the my Ipod Nano with the Alana Headunit...

Ive seen the ones that dension do which are £100 but.....

On ebay there is one for VAG cars with an 8 pin Iso connector for £75 new...

Does anyone know if the 8 pin connector is the right one to use with the Alana unit or not???

Many thanks

Regards

Adam

Turbo Boss

Does anyone know if the 8 pin connector is the right one to use with the Alana unit or not??? Adam

Adam, can you remove your radio to check what conector you have???

Usually VAG cars use a blue 8 pin connector (check the pic and you will see the blue connector atached to a green and yellow conector) and newers radios are using a 12 pin conector.
SkodaiPodInterfaseBlueConector.jpg

Here is a pic of the 12 pin conector some newer VAG radios use:

VWipodInterfase4.jpg

I bought a VW interfase kit that include both conectors, but maybe you can pull out your radio, check what conector use your radio and then order the ICE Link interfase you need..If you pull out your radio make shure to take pics of the back in order to help you with the connector selection.

Also, check this post, you will find a lot of pictures of my iPode intrfase intalation: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91172

Good luck,

Isaac

Turbo Boss

Doesn't the iPod lead replace the changer?

Yes, it replace the CD Changer lead. Also your CD changer will not longer work when you intall the iPod interfase but who cares seen you will have all the music you want with the iPod:funk:

Isaac

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise