Alarm driving me crazy

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Hopefully someone can help before I loose my mind :drool:

When I arm my alarm, the LED on the door pin flashes for a bit but then stays solid. I guess indicates there is an issue.

When I unlock the car using the fob after the car has been sitting overnight, the alarm sounds or I manage to get in start the car and move and then the alarm sounds.

I am unable to switch the alarm off, so I need to disconnect the battery.

All advice kindly and gratefully received.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Nope, I can't help at all. But... I do have the exact same issue! Yes, I believe I read it indicates a fault. The light blinks like it's armed, but then solid for 30 seconds, then blinks. However, what I can say is. This has happened twice now in the last two weeks and only since I bought a second car as a daily. So I believe somethings running my battery down. Because it never happens eg on the weekends when I drive it all the time and lock it from place to place. So maybe check the condition of your battery first?

Failing that, scan for codes if you can, maybe a doorlock module is throwing a fault.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Maybe you did help actually!

The low battery charge makes sense!

I just fitted a new head unit and i had the interior light on while i did. I also played around with the functions etc, so that may have drained the battery slightly.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Haha well that's something at least. I have loads of gadgets wired up to the lighter. But they have some kind of drain protector that stops them drawing power when the battery drains to a certain point. Obviously so the car will still start. But seemingly not leaving enough to activate the alarm. Also doesn't help every time I unlock it the headlights stay on for 30 seconds.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Still at my wits end.... I have swapped the car battery and swapped the key fob battery.

Alarm sounds as I unlock the car in the morning and doesn't switch off with the fob, i need to disconnect the battery to stop it. then the rest of the day it is fine.

crazy problem

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
You need to get the car's systems scanned to see what faults are being logged, when you unlock the car using the key in the lock or the fob, I'd expect the alarm to stop sounding as soon as you got the key into the ignition switch - does that not switch the alarm off?

Edit:- the alarm horn box is located below the windscreen under the water deflector cover, you could unplug it until you get this sorted out.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Thanks for the response.

When I unlock using the fob is when the alarm sounds.

I am unable to switch the alarm off with the fob.

When I start/drive the car, the alarm continues to sound.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
So I have ordered an OBDeleven, to check for any alarm related codes.

I did look at Hex Can cables and VCDS, but the OBDeleven, seems a nice bit of kit. Fingers crossed.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
So scanned with the OBDeleven tonight (really nice tool) 2 faults relating to the alarm 01134 "faulty alarm"

Good enough for me to buy a new one. I read you can swap the batteries, but couldn't find one, so ordered a unit from a 2015 Porsche Boxster

fingers crossed

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise