Alarm going off when opening door

funkyplates

Jul 18, 2016
Good morning everyone.

Had a nice trip down to Bognor yesterday and bought a 1999 Mk2 Ibiza GTi Cupra Sport from Martin ( Won't let me post link to thread as a new member).

Lovely little car and enjoyed the drive back to Bicester with my lad. He's so excited about having a new car. Decided to have a later start today so that I could drive him to school in it, but on opening the driver's door the alarm went off. Did this 3 times then gave up through embarrassment (neighbours, etc....), was gutted for him.

Car worked fine yesterday (using spare key), several stops/starts and 140 mile drive, so bit confused as to what happened overnight....

Remote locking doesn't work and central locking was disconnected by Martin. I don't mind using the keys on each door/boot.

So this is what I did this morning...

Unlocked car with spare (OK)
Opened door, alarm went off straight away, shut door and then alarm stopped after 20-30 seconds
Fiddled around pressing buttons on remote fob (the lights come on on the fob).
Opened door again, alarm went off again, shut door, locked car
Fiddled around with buttons again, and turned key in lock left/right
Opened door again, alarm goes off, figured that if I started the car the alarm would stop. Car started fine but alarm continued (stopped after 20-30 seconds).

All locking/unlocking done on driver's door.

Gave up and had to take him to school in the Yaris :-(

Desperate to get it working so that I can pick him up today (or worst case at least sort it overnight so I can drop him off tomorrow). He's 7 and new cars are cool :)

Many thanks in advance

Lee

sports racer

Jan 4, 2016
Australia
How did you go?

I've got the same problem with my 98 model and disconnected the horn so it wouldn't upset anyone. I can still start the car if I press the alarm button on the keyfob a few times to turn the alarm off but tracking down the cause is proving to be quite difficult.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise