Alarm Sound, No Lights Going Off Randomly

Jamie_DB

May 5, 2016
Hey guys,

A few months ago, a loud sound started coming from my car when I was driving home from work. I pulled over and inspected the inside and outside but couldn't see anything and no dashboard lights so I continued on home. I hadn't heard this sound again until tonight while my car is parked on my drive where it's been for the past 10 hours. The sound kind of sounds like a constant of a video on Youtube titled "Ibiza bocanegra Alarm sound" . It did not stop when I unlocked my car but did when I turned on the engine. I thought it may be the car alarm but no lights were going off (although these may have stopped by the time I got outside to my car). I'm going to test my car alarm tomorrow to check if it's the same sound but I don't think it is.

Anyone experienced something like this or have any ideas?

Edit: Tried breaking into my car (window down, lock and open door from inside) in a business park this morning and only the lights flash, no alarm sound which I thought is very strange. I tried a few things but couldn't get an alarm to sound. Is this a fault or has something been disabled?

Much appreciated,
Jamie (SEAT Ibiza 1.2 TDI CR S)

Last edited:

Jaytiz

Jan 26, 2014
Leicestershire
I’ve had similar if not the same thing happen today
Mine didn’t stop right away when I turned the engine off
Same with the hazards flashing but mine came on 10 seconds after I locked the car
Did you find what it was or a fix?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.