Alhambra 20vt throttle body issues

chudspeed20vt

Hi there,
ive had it about a month now, i replaced the battery i knew i needed to do the throttle body adaptation which i did, it the came up with lower limit not reached fault code, i removed tb and cleaned it after that it came up with tb malfuntion, control limit exceeded, fault in basic settings and throttle position sensor malfuntion, car idled allover from 1000 - 1500 and when on full throttle it intermitantly died lift off slighty it was fine again.
So i order and fitted a new throttle body and guess what still puts 2 codes up 1545 and 1565, it does idle better and accelerates better but still dies on full throttle, after it dies it puts up the fault code for control limit exceeded.

Im a mechanic by trade but havnt had much vag experience, this is baffeling me now so if anyone could help id be very grateful

its a mk1 alhambra 20vt engine code ajh year 99 t reg

thanks richard

chudspeed20vt

sounds like you haven't adapted it right mate.

well thats 1 of the things i wondered about, i did it with a snap on solus, does it have to be done via vagcom or should i be able to do it with the solus?

chudspeed20vt

I shud be able to get hold of a vagcom 2moro will try do it that way and see if it cures it, i was mortified when the codes came back especially after buyin a new genuine part lol

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Calibrating the throttle butterfly movement against the signal sent from the ECU. The adaption process measures the actual throttle position against the demand from the ECU and stores a little map of the settings.

chudspeed20vt

Well am having trouble getting a vagcom, went thru the adaptation procedure with the solus again and it did say adaptation complete tho the codes are stil there, it also has thrown up p0322 16706 g28 engine speed sensor, which considering i fitted a new sensor last week is abit odd could the two faults be related in anyway?

Am quickly losing the will to live lol

chudspeed20vt

Hi there, well iv finally managed to get hold of a vagcom and it stil wont adapt it, there are two fault codes stil there that wont clear, if i try the adaptation it give the values for it but wont complete the adaptation it says block 098 not availible,
im guessin its due to the codes nt clearing iv had the battery off and touch the leads too try clear them but there still there. Anyone got any advice on how to get rid of the codes.
Thanks richard

chudspeed20vt

That would mean accepting defeat lol where u based? And how much we talkin?

chudspeed20vt

99% certain it is ill check when i get to work, vcds version 10 something, im from huddersfield so your not to far away if all else fails

chudspeed20vt

I checked today, it is a genuine vagcom vcds ver 10.6.4 and the lead is a vag113 if that means owt lol

chudspeed20vt

Tbh the lead does look abit cheap lol how much would you charge to do it?

chudspeed20vt

Ok nice 1, ill check the wiring first do u know what the supply voltage shud be? If i cant sort ill arrange to pop over so you can have a play lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members