Alhambra adblue warning

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
I've got a 2011 Alhambra diesel. Usually I get the adblue warning at around 1500 miles however this time an orange warning light came on giving me 600 miles to top up. I have done this with 10l just as I've done in the past however the warning light is still on telling me the car will stop in 550 miles and there is also an orange engine management light on now as well.
I know it has plenty of adblue ,any ideas ????

SEAT_Phil02

Dec 1, 2014
Strange coincidence, same thing happened to me this weekend.

I topped up the AdBlue , it only needed about 5 litres - yellow warning light still on. Called into dealers and they want £700 odd for a new AdBlue pump plus labour. :rofl:

2011 car is of course out of warranty. This is not good from VAG.

I think I should get a second opinion - Not sure.:confused: Let us know if you get to the bottom of it with yours. We haven't got much time though as all the while the number of miles left before the engine cuts out is going down!!

Cheers,
Phil02

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
Well the warning adblue light started flickering and has now went out,that was about 50 miles after putting the adblue in.The engine warning light is however still on.
Hopefully your light will go out as well.
I had read somewhere that it is a known Seat fault and have contacted Seat today so might be worth your while dropping them a line as well.

SEAT_Phil02

Dec 1, 2014
OK

I'm going on a longish journey tomorrow, so I'll see if the same thing happens. No Engine Warning Light for me yet!

Could you share the link to the article about this being a known fault. Hopefully, if I do need a new pump, SEAT will at least pay for some of it ....:cry:

Last edited:

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
I tried to find it.I saw it on facebook last night.Some guy had to arrange to get his Alhambra brought back from France because of this.Seat agreed to cover half the bill of the repair even although it was out of warranty and he was saying its a well known fault.

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
I did find it however as I have less than 15 posts I can't post a link.

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
Fingers crossed but everything seems OK as far as the ad blue goes however I won't trust the sensor and will just go by mileage.

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
Seem to remember it was around the 14,000 mile mark. I had no idea what adblue was or what the message meant.

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
Well its happened again. The car is full of Adblue yet I'm still getting the message. Hopefully it will go off again. One thing for sure I will never buy another car that needs Adblue.

tully

Jul 21, 2014
Rural Devon
Hi. I have a 2000 Bammy 1.9 tdi PD. Does this need "Adblue"? :shrug: It's done 123,000 miles and nothing has appeared on the dash.

To those having problems with warning lights, I had a Shitroen C5 Deisel before this Bammy and it needed topping up with a deisel additive too. THEN you had to plug into the LEXIA interface and tell the computer you've topped up!! [:@] Could this be the same problem?

Gerico1000

Sep 7, 2014
Hi. I have a 2000 Bammy 1.9 tdi PD. Does this need "Adblue"? :shrug: It's done 123,000 miles and nothing has appeared on the dash.

To those having problems with warning lights, I had a Shitroen C5 Deisel before this Bammy and it needed topping up with a deisel additive too. THEN you had to plug into the LEXIA interface and tell the computer you've topped up!! [:@] Could this be the same problem?

The Adblue engines came in during 2011 with the new shape. So no you don't need Adblue.

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
The saga continues. The light wouldn't go off and it was running down to shut down. Went to the dealer he plugged it in .And as expected it needed a new board at just over £600. Had no choice but to go ahead.Advised not to drive the car home but as it still had 400 miles before shut down I just went for it. After a few miles on the drive home the light reset and went off. ??????
Anyway,I've had enough.Its been a great car ,loads of room but I just can't rely on this adblue system.

tully

Jul 21, 2014
Rural Devon
It's a shame you're having trouble with your SEAT Danny12. My old C5 was just as troublesome. You couldn't touch it without having to plug it in and reset something or other :blink:
Maybe look at one a few years older - my 2000 version is easy to service, very frugal on deisel and we use it as a 2 seat campervan in the summer. I really do recommend one [B)]

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
And off we go again. At least this time we have the back up of a Picasso. Its been at an auto electrical place.They have ran it through their systems and can find no faults,everything is working perfectly yet that damm light stays on. Might have a work round to try tomorrow to reset the system.
Tried e mailing SEAT a couple of times but they don't seem able to reply,despite the fact they are well aware this is a fault.

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
Well thats it fixed ,as expected it was the NOX sensor. SEAT did phone me, very pleasant no problems there but denied that they had heard of this being an issue.
So buy with care if the car has Adblue.

rodneytrotter

Dec 2, 2014
Well thats it fixed ,as expected it was the NOX sensor. SEAT did phone me, very pleasant no problems there but denied that they had heard of this being an issue.
So buy with care if the car has Adblue.

Did Seat contribute to the repair or did you have to pay for it?

Danny12

Nov 30, 2014
Did Seat contribute to the repair or did you have to pay for it?

I had to pay I needed the car. From my discussion with SEAT this afternoon I don't expect to get anything. Which is fair enough if its wear and tear but this is a definite fault across all the ranges that use this system.Anyway fingers crossed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members