Alhambra enhancements

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
Hi All recently just bought an Alhambra
came from a passat before this and am really enjoying the new car

BUT i am trying to enhance the experience a little

does anyone know what mods can be done with VCDS??

was hoping to add anti hijack, remote windows or even change the alarm siren

is there any mods that can be carried out in this way

at present all i have been able to adjust is the parking sensor tone and volume

would really appreciate any help with this

cheers guys

Tristan

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
Hi Seatmann

i have already looked at rosstech wiki and couldnt find anything

may be me looking in the wrong place,, any link you can give would be greatly appreciated,, certaqinly not as easy to mod as my Passat B5.5 was

cheers

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Check other vag cars around the same age, there's nothing for mine but most often cars of the same age share similar ecu's so I would try that first.:)

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
VCDS wont let me access the control module like on a Passat of the same year so i think i need to know what the search for in the blocks,, although i dont know what to do exactly,,

i know when i accesss the control module on a B5.5 it was simply a case or going into the adaptations area and it was all there to play with

not the case on a Bammy :(

but i hope i am wrong??????

Last edited:

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
yes that is the onlypage i found but if you look all it really explains is how to change the way the doors lock,, possibly making them beep when you unlock..

wanted to activate

come home lights
anti highjack
remote windows
anything else i may not know about
the link doesnt really give you a lot of options

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Have you tried good old google? I sometimes find it can throw up useful stuff, not always but might be worth a go.:)

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
went to the dealers today and have been told a lot of the mods are only available on the later models,, not sure what can be done on my Bammy

did see an identical car to mine there on a 59 plate,, which cheared me up,, mine still looked just as good as the new one,, so may get the later style badge for the rear looked quite good

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh i think the seats use some of the older parts, mine's like a cross between a Mk3 and a Mk4 golf with a lot of the bits.:)

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
i have found out i have a faulty clutch on my alternator pulley so am looking at doing the job myself,,
has anyone tried this on a diesel Alhambra??

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Are you sure it's clutched, they weren't all clutched pulleys? Does it spin freely both ways if you jam the fan blades in behind?:)

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
if i remove the belt tension and jam the fan blade the pulley doesnt move either way at all!!!!

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
So it's not a clutched one then lol, it's the same as mine.:D

Some were clutched and some aint, if a clutched one goes bad it tends to spin both ways instead of just one way like it should so yours is fine, it's just not clutched.:)

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
oh thats good then hopefully

but my tensioner is dancing around on tick over
and the steering squeels when turned on tickover,,
got told it was the alt pulley.. what else could it be??

Alhambraguy

Jul 23, 2011
so to get back on track does anyone have any knowledge of how to perform adaptations on a BAMMY..

would still love to get my mirrors to fold when i lock the car,, or get remote windows operating with my key..

someone must know if this is do able??????

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
A. you cant carry out the same adaptions as it has a different convenience control module, some of those functions dont exist until much later control model versions

B. a 54 reg alhambra with the AUY or ASZ engine WILL 100% have a one way clutch pully, if it doesnt spin either way with a screwdriver in it then its funked.

C. welcome to SCN.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.