Alhambra ... no wipers

i.bloomfield1

Hello ... newbie here Im after some help .. I have a 2003 130 tdi Alhambra. I changed the headlamp bulbs last week and following this 2 things happened. First the side light bulb and indicator failed on the drivers side ( I think I may have knocked a wire loose but due to the snow I cant get under to check ) , Then the wipers failed . I dont think the events are linked ( well I hope not ). I have tried to "reset" the car by disconnecting the battery but this didnt work. I did read a threat that mentioned a frozen water bottle ? but this wasnt follwed up. any one have any ideas .......... Ian

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
wiper motors packing up are a common alhambra fault but more so the mk1 to be honest

what's it doing at present ?

not popped a fuse trying to shift frozen arms at all ?

i.bloomfield1

Thanks ... fuses all ok .. they went while I was driving, used them a few times then nothing ..
Ian

i.bloomfield1

Thanks for the replies and it tuned out to be blown fuses, however not the ones for the wipers themselfs. Apparently the washer motor had frozen and tripped that circuit which in turn tripped the wipers. The mechanic told me that you should ignore what is printed on the fuse panel ans check ALL of the fuses .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.