Alhambra Uprated Suspension?

MACCA'S R

Dec 4, 2002
Reading
Visit site
Hi

I have a question,

I've tried to find out if anyone does performance/uprated suspension kits for the 1.9tdi Alhambra 2000>.

To date had no success, found a few firms that do uprated/lowered springs but no shocks.

Anybody know of any manufactuerers that do or indeed had fitted to their car?

Don't own a bamma yet but since the sale of my Leon Cupra R its one of the options open. to me.

Also as I may be looking at a car with 70k miles any one any experience of how they fare? I guess the diesel will be fine but was thinking about other running gear and any other probs to lookout for. Am toying with remap and brake pads/fluid change as well.

Thanks in advance :D

Tim

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Hmmm - well I'm on my second bammer, no issues to report ...

If you do find out about the springs etc then I'd be interested to know, I have to say I was looking at just using the sports setup, but then on the tdi that would make enough of a difference .... Depends on the ride you want I guess..

Good luck//

MACCA'S R

Dec 4, 2002
Reading
Visit site
Hi Stu

Thanks for your reply.

Yep am currently doing an e-mail to send to all the manufactureres I can think of to ask for info ie do they make suspension/springs and who can supply..

Will let you know what I find out.

How have you found the tuning box on your Bamma, any ideas on what sort of increase its given you and more importantly does it drive much better, has the fuel economy suffered at all ;) ;)

Thanks

Tim

100andthirty

Mar 19, 2004
I may have missed the point, but current SE's (Stylance?) come with "sports" suspension and 17" wheels with 225/45 tyres. They give a much more stable performance on corners than the standard version, and don't seem to bottom out on speed bumps as much. Ride is soemwhat jittery.

If this is what you want then there must be standard VAG parts

MACCA'S R

Dec 4, 2002
Reading
Visit site
Thanks, yep may be of use although am thinking of something a little more extreme.

have found that there are Koni Sport Shocks available as well as Eibach springs so a combo of these as a start, with if I can run to them a set of 8 x18" rims with 225's.

Rieger do some body panels for Bamma's as well and the height the car is shown at looks pretty good, not that it may be that 'soft' .

Any way all just thoughts at the mo, but thanks for all your comments.

Tim :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise