Alhambra won't go.

john@walker372.

The alhambra won't start. It was involved in a slight knock a while ago and is now refusing to start. Someone said it might have been the fuel switch / inertia switch that has tripped.

Does anyone know where this is.

It is a VW engine R reg...

farra

alhambra

is it petrol or diesel.. also is there any lights on dashbaoard staying lit up. like engine management light.

The inertia shut off switch is under the front passenger seat in the storage cubby hole, to reset it switch off the ignition, press the switch down, switch on the ignition to position 2 and hold for a few seconds, turn back to position 1 and then try starting the car
and for the record TDI's and VR6's dont have one fuel shut off is controlled by the PCM :confused:

john@walker372.

There is no engine warning light on. Just the normal lights on ignition (oil etc)

My Alhambra is petrol.

Under the front passenger seat is a cubby hole with nothing in it. There are just two wires passing through but no switch any where.

What does the switch look like - can it be elsewhere in the car..?

john@walker372.

The LED stays on for a bit, then goes off. According to the book, this is normal - so I don't think its the immobiliser.

A slight knock was a car going into the back off us at a junction - only minor damage - but quite a shunt.

john@walker372.

The car drove away. Only slight damage to the bumper and exhaust system. Apparetnly it was quite a big shunt however.

The car was fixed at a garage about 1 week later and was driving fine for about a week afterwards until one day it ground to ahalt.

I am getting a good spark at the leads and there is petrol getting into the engine area. (I can't get my hand to the back of the injectors)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members