Allards EGR Pipe

loadswine

loadswine
I cleaned up my egr valve on my PD140 Altea last week ( it was filthy after 47k) and made up an ally plate with 4mm hole to reduce the egr and after less than a week I have a CEL. My driving is mostly town work, so I don't know if that has a bearing. I really wanted this to work, as the soot is probably responsible for all the crap in the egr and anti shudder valves that i had to clean.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Cleaned mine two weeks ago and jabba took my EGR off today, couldnt believe how much soot is cacked on it again after two weeks of driving.

Wolves73

I got my Allard power pipe from ebay .. Although the seller is advertising the 57mm diameter version for the 130-150pd engines it is possible to get the 51mm diameter version for the 90 & 110 TDi engine if you ask the seller first before bidding.
My Leon has the 110 ASV engine and fitting the pipe was fairly straight forward, but I had to do a lot of cleaning (you would not believe the amount of soot congealed to the old EGR and inlet manifold on a 45k engine)
I have had no CEL light since fitting but it may be because I had turned the EGR valve down with Vag-com a few months ago.
I was a little concerned that removing the anti shudder valve would make the engine shutdown poor but I can honestly say I have not noticed any difference.

I have not noticed any performance gain by fitting the pipe alone but I have been able to remap the engine and increase power further without producing smoke.

Paul

Wolves73

Mine uses the standard OEM pipe no problem.. it comes with a new jubilee clip but I used the original fitted to the car and had no leaks.
The seller on ebay is proparts-europe & plenty of people are buying them.

gti gadge

Hows it going to all the guys with the EGR deletes? Why am I starting to see people posting that they have taken them off? Got a pipe sitting but what now? Decissions, decissions:shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise