Allards EGR Pipe

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Hows it going to all the guys with the EGR deletes? Why am I starting to see people posting that they have taken them off? Got a pipe sitting but what now? Decissions, decissions:shrug:

Well my EGR delete stopped my low RPM shudders. So my EGR must have been faulty somehow.

My engine feels happier, or thats wot I keep telling myself to justify the costs. :lol:

paddeh

Apr 20, 2008
During the process of fitting my hybrid, Im going to remove the EGR, as I cant help but think its a bad thing.

The two VAC hoses that Ive removed will just be blocked/clamped, and tucked away - Having the EGR mapped out isnt a cost issue for me, as I have to have a full custom map anyway one Ive finished all the upgrades...

The new Jabba pipe is cheaper than the Allard pipe, and is a better fit for the SFS 60mm hosing, however I bought an Allard pipe some months back when gathering the parts for the stage 2 conversion. This is a bummer, but hey its my problem and its not the end of the world, I'll engineer a solution!

My question is regarding the supplied blanking plate - does it have the be fitted to the EGR valve side of the exhaust gas cooler? Is there a reason why it cant be blocked off directly on the turbo? I guess the excess heat could be a problem, but surley that small cooler isnt hugely effective anyway?

jabbasport

Well my EGR delete stopped my low RPM shudders. So my EGR must have been faulty somehow.

My engine feels happier, or thats wot I keep telling myself to justify the costs. :lol:

How is your car Chris?

I take it the emissions light has stayed off this time? :)

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
ive just put a screw in each vac pipe, after fitting my allards egr pipe. I've had it 6 months or so, with no lights.

James90RS

Interested in this also, I thought a EGR would increase turbo temps due to the recycling of hot gases??

Not always true ;) Especially if the main timing is retarded

You also need to be VERY careful removing EGR because, EGR slows turbo speed and keeps cylinder pressure down.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.