Alloy and silicone PD130 turbo intake pipe... Build your own?

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Just a quick question... I've suddenly got an urge to add some silicone hoses to the turbo intake pipe on my PD130 ibiza (main one to the left of the cam belt).

I have found that you can buy a kit, like the one shown in the link below:

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/for...g-kitbr-ibiza-6l-19tdi-pd130-0202-p-6899.html

But, I'd rather have a go at trying to buy some universal pieces to at least make the main pipe first (plus it would be much cheaper).

Firstly, does anyone know what the bore size of this main pipe is? I think it's 70mm, but not 100%...

Next, has anyone had a go at using some universal bits, like shown below? If I get the right bits to make the main pipe first, it's pretty cheap! But of course, need to check exactly what I need, but I know you can different angled elbows like 90, 60, 135 etc...

sam_elbow-90-r.jpg

sam_coupling-hose-r.jpg

gre_uni-alloy-tubes.jpg

Any thoughts or advice on the above would be most appreciated :)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Tip is the opposite side of the engine. That's the boost hoses your talking of.

Internal dia is 62mm. I have samcos on mine, but the metal pipe (plastic on yours) had to be custom made as it is bent in 3 directions

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray
That kit you have in the link doesnt include the pipe that attaches to the EGR, that kit still uses the plastic piope but replaces the rest of them when fitting a FMIC

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Tip is the opposite side of the engine. That's the boost hoses your talking of.

Internal dia is 62mm. I have samcos on mine, but the metal pipe (plastic on yours) had to be custom made as it is bent in 3 directions

Yeah the boost hose, the main plastic one that you mention is the one I would like to replace first. Did you buy the samco's as a kit, or buy universal silicone and alloy tubes like the ones I've shown? Any chance you can remember exactly which parts you bought, and maybe even a pic of the install?

Many thanks for your help!

Apr 12, 2010
In the process of getting the parts to fit the pd160 metal pipe to mine. I have an fmic already so the lower hoses are custom. I'm going to use a forge machined bayonet fitting to the egr then go from there using silicone to connect to the cupra top pipe

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
How much does the forge cupra pipe differ from placcy one? Wonder if it'd mate to an egr delete pipe!

If not I'm sure an exhaust place would knock you one up 50 or so.

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Here's how mine is connected up to the Inlet Manifold. I have used an Allard EGR Delete pipe and also then just bought silicone pipes to match it.

2700b901.jpg

Here is a picture I have aswell with the silicone pipe off it to give you an idea of what you need to get to make it fit (sorry its the only one I have..)

IMG_0063.jpg

As for the one that goes into the other end of the turbo (beside the cambelt) I have yet got a nice enough day to get the car on the jack and measure them out...

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
Nice one Micky! Is it just the angle of the pic or is that allard pipe very right on brake reservoir?

Basically you just need a decent sized silicone 90? Is the OD the same on both the allayed and forge top pipe?

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Nice one Micky! Is it just the angle of the pic or is that allard pipe very right on brake reservoir?

Basically you just need a decent sized silicone 90? Is the OD the same on both the allayed and forge top pipe?

The egr pipe is 57mm and the top boost pipe is 62mm. A 62mm elbow tightens down onto the allard pipe though. And I wrapped ptfe tape around it just to be sure.

A 45deg bend will do the next connection on a cupra, but the forge pipe looks a bit different

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
Well you can get 63-57mm reducing elbows too which may be worthwhile!

I have forge SS front mount so will see how it lines up to their s shaped silicone that comes up to the top pipe.

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena

Its the angle of the picture so it is, boost hose clears fine.

AFAIK, the elbow reducer I manager to get was a 63-51mm as the 57 wasn't quite long enough to reach it.

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Ok, so I have been reading lots of stuff lately about EGR, ASV and Allard EGR delete. I am a novice when it comes to diesels to be honest (was always a petrol head with my previous cars), and I'm wondering if it's too much hassle to fit say an Allard EGR delete, then have engine management lights on, then having to map it out etc (many different stories about light s coming on and not coming on..).

So, is there any way to just fit say the first silicon 90 degree bend straight onto the existing pipe/place where the standard top boost hose comes from (I'll be honest, I've not had a proper chance to look at this part of the engine on my car yet, so just thought I would quickly ask), or is this a completely stupid question due to the whole clip system that holds the factory boost hose on etc?

Or in other words, if I want to fit a silicon/alloy top boost hose on my car, do I have have to fit something like the Allard EGR delete pipe?

Cheer in advance!

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray
Forge supply adaptors that goes into the standard fit clip setup and theres a bit on the other end for a silicone hose to attach to. You use these when fitting the forge fmic hose kit.
The standard elbow coming off the egr is quite short so unsure if there is enough room to get the adaptor on and then an elbow

Tiz

Ive got mine fitted over the original EGR as I hate the fact those EGR delete pipes lose the anti shudder flap. Need to trim the lower silicone hose(you can tell from where the clip is) and jubilees are now mikalor clamps to go with the rest of the front mount setup but will give you an idea. The hose going over the EGR is a 2.5" 90 degree bend. Bit of warmth and it slipped over quite nicely.

390215_10151117952905462_793020461_22274872_1555063312_n.jpg

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Ive got mine fitted over the original EGR as I hate the fact those EGR delete pipes lose the anti shudder flap. Need to trim the lower silicone hose(you can tell from where the clip is) and jubilees are now mikalor clamps to go with the rest of the front mount setup but will give you an idea. The hose going over the EGR is a 2.5" 90 degree bend. Bit of warmth and it slipped over quite nicely.

390215_10151117952905462_793020461_22274872_1555063312_n.jpg

Super, just the evidence I needed! Now, where's my credit card... :)

Oh but one last thing, the hose nearer the intercooler (or at least near where the standard intercooler would be) that you can see in the picture, what angle bend is that? I'm hoping that I could use the same set up you have in the picture, but to fit onto the standard SMIC (for now anyway...)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.