Alloy and silicone PD130 turbo intake pipe... Build your own?

Tiz

Apologies for the late reply. It is a 45 degree bend. I cant see any reason why you couldn't get it to fit your smic for now.

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Apologies for the late reply. It is a 45 degree bend. I cant see any reason why you couldn't get it to fit your smic for now.

No worries at all, I'm in no panic to buy the parts, just pre planning for when the spring comes. Cheers for letting me know, I'll probably end up buying the silicon elbows from forge or similar.

Do you reckon I would be better trying to use a straight alloy tube, or 45 degree elbow alloy tube for the piece between the silicon, while having the smic set up?

Cheers

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Apr 12, 2010
doing mine at the weekend

1 x darkside connector for the ASV
1 x silicone 63mm 90 degree elbow (maybe 60mm) (autoperformance silicone hoses)
1 x cupra boost pipe from sere
1 x 45 degree 51mm to 60mm elbow reducer (auto performance silicone hoses)

Bit of trimming of the silicone pipes needed but a much stronger solution than standard

Last edited:

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Hey there, so did you get a chance to fit this at the weekend? Did all the parts you mentioned above fit OK? Any pictures?

Oh, and is this the adaptor you bought from darkside for the ASV?

What did you do for the connection at the SMIC?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2010
Hey there, so did you get a chance to fit this at the weekend? Did all the parts you mentioned above fit OK? Any pictures?

Oh, and is this the adaptor you bought from darkside for the ASV?

What did you do for the connection at the SMIC?

Cheers!

Not fitted yet mate but I have an fmic. Darkside also do the smic connector too, the one I have already is the adv one yes

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Thanks for the info.

I hope someone out there cn answer this question for me :)

I have found that the following connector can be bought from darkside for the EGR, so you can attach a silicon hose to. I also asked about a similar connector for the SMIC, and the guy I spoke thinks it could be the same connector as the EGR, but he's not 100% about it.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/egr-asv-clip-connector-adapter.html

So, does anyone know if the fitting size/diameter is the same for the SMIC and the EGR? If so, I just need two of the above connector, then make up the rest of the hose myself!

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Just in addition to the above really...

12345.jpg

If I'm right, the above picture shows the boost pipework (lower pipe & middle right pipe). I've circled what I think are the connections to the EGR (shorter pipe, lower middle) and the SMIC (longer pipe, middle right). Does anyone know if these aluminium connections are the same (i.e. same size, diameter)?

Any help would be most appreciated!

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
You do realise I have just done all of this (for you of course)
;) I've replaced ALL of my pipes with 2.5" going FROM the turbo TO the inlet :p
I will be updating every day.

Cool, look forward to seeing exactly what parts you have bought!

I am actually quite desperate to sort out the boost hose that comes out the top of the side mount intercooler. I took the hoses apart tonight to measure up all the fittings on the turbo pipework, and I've found that one of the metal clips has broken which holds the pipe into the top of the intercooler. Need to fix it temporarily as I can't get the hose to stay in at the moment with the clip broken. Might have to wrap loads of tape, or use loads of cable ties or something to keep it in place...

But anyway, I have measurements of the alloy fittings now, so I'm gonna see if I can make some.

For anyone who is interested, SFS performance say they sell the alloy fittings for the ASV and the top intercooler conection separately for £16.50 + vat

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
As a little update, I have decided to make my own aluminium connectors for the ASV and the top of the intercooler. I've drawn up the parts in CAD, and have given the drawings to someone at work to make. Hopefully they will be done this week.

I've also ordered some polished alloy tube, silicon hose and jubilee clips, which should arrive by the weekend. Once I know the alloy connectors fit, I'll be more than happy to pass on the drawing to anyone who fancies getting their own made up.

Watch this space...

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
So I got a few silicon hoses in the post today from AP motorsport... Plus, the two ally connectors I drew up in CAD were finished too!

20120803_160912.jpg

Just need the polished ally tube I've ordered, then I can start building my new boost pipe!

Last edited:

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
FINISHED: Alloy and silicone PD130 turbo boost pipe... Build your own?

So as a little conclusion, I finally got all the parts I needed through the post, so I could start building the pipework :D

So, I first made a copy of the existing pipework, or least as best a copy as I could. I left most of the hoses plenty long enough so I could do some trial fitting on the car...

DSCN0463.jpg

Then, after a couple of trial fits and some silicon trimming, this is what the finished thing looks like.

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

The car actually feels like it drives smoother, but I'm sure it's probably just because I have no boost leaks on the new hose section now. And the aluminium connectors I had made fitted perfectly. As said, if anyone would like a 2D drawing of the connectors for the top intercooler or ASV connections, just PM me :)

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Parts list.

The steel pipe was from spitfire performance (have heard they stopped doing them?) but I'm sure you could buy one similar, its a 45 degree bend I reckon.

All the silicone I can get details for when I get a min.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
aaaah I see.

I would get the top 90degree hose to fit over the EGR valve as in the setup I have.
It means you dont have the aluminium fitting that goes inside. These fittings use the standard clip from what I can tell and that is the main problem.
Thats just from looking at the pics above so someone may prove me wrong :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise