Alloy and silicone PD130 turbo intake pipe... Build your own?

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Hi guys, here is a list of what I used from AP motorsport:

2 x Silicone Hose Elbow 45 Degree - ID 60mm, Colour: Red, 01-00070-R 2
6 x ASH Stainless Steel Hose Clip - 3X - 60-80mm 01-01073 6
1 x Silicone Hose Elbow 90 Degree - ID 60mm, Colour: Red 01-00110-R
1 x alloy tube swaged ends Ø60mm, 300mm long
1 x alloy hose joiner Ø60mm, 100mm long

The two alloy fittings that fit to the ASV and intercooler I made myself. But i do have a drawing so anyone can have them made themselves, just PM me.

Only slight issue at the moment. One of the silicon hoses is very close to the alternator pulley, so for now I have used cable ties to keep the pipework away from the alternator by hooking them around the diesel filter holder (not the filter itself). But all I think I need to do is trim the 90 degree hose near the ASV, then it should be better :)

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
I think I might have to get smaller hoses as in planning to run down beside the alternator belt as I will have a FMIC when I do this so maybe the straight pipe isn't such a good idea of its that close....

celoader

Sep 12, 2011
Denmark
Does anyone know how big the silicone hose needs to be to fit round the EGR? :)

Raymond

Just in case it's any help at all, SFS performance sell the aluminium connectors, which fit into the EGR connection. Then you can use a smaller sized silicon hose. Think they cost about £17 each + vat + delivery.

clarkson1

Slightly old thread I know, but did anyone look into getting kits made or anything?

clarkson1

That's the route I'm taking now. Someone could probably make a few quid making up pipes like the vRS Dovit pipe over on Briskoda though.

Aug 27, 2011
That's the route I'm taking now. Someone could probably make a few quid making up pipes like the vRS Dovit pipe over on Briskoda though.

I could get them made up with enough interest :). I've just got a 45 degree one on mine its all good :).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members