Alloy problem

Mar 6, 2019
New to the forum , has anyone seen an alloy do this or have this happen to them , no damage to the tyre and didn’t hit anything, Happened on the motorway doing 50mph , hope someone can shed some light on this , cheers

Attachments

• DCF011C5-8604-47D0-88F8-DF57A64F2AEC.jpeg
    DCF011C5-8604-47D0-88F8-DF57A64F2AEC.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 202

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Cant say I have seen that type of damage before without actually hitting something

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I’ve seen that on a couple of Volvo wheels but usually after running over something, tyres were fine too though.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019
Thanks for looking keep getting told it was a speed bump , potholes or I hit something but it was none of that , it just exploded and the car bounced ! Been trying to find a similar pic but can’t so turned to the forum , again thanks for replying

Two90Black

Mar 3, 2019
Exploded and the car bounced??

So something has caused the suspension to compress and rebound causing the bounce!!

Sounds like thats where u hit something. You might just not have seen it. Could easily have been thrown onto the carriageway from another vehicle.

Something has pushed that metal in. If it had just been a weakness in the rim it would have cracked and the air would have escaped

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
Exploded and the car bounced??

So something has caused the suspension to compress and rebound causing the bounce!!

Sounds like thats where u hit something. You might just not have seen it. Could easily have been thrown onto the carriageway from another vehicle.

Something has pushed that metal in. If it had just been a weakness in the rim it would have cracked and the air would have escaped
Have to agree, that looks like impact damage

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members