Alloy wheel refurb for platinum LCR

szd

Am going to get my standard LCR alloys refurbished at lap-tab but dont know whether to get them coloured at the same time. I know that black or a darker colour looks pretty good on a yellow or red LCR - but not too sure about platinum.

I think the standard silver is a little bit lighter than what the standard wheels were, but that would look ok, but am also thinking about anthracite or maybe flash/smoked chrome.

Any ideas?

szd

I said that I'd be taking the car with the wheels still on etc, so they would supply a new valve, and balance etc.

They have a 25% off at the moment until the end of the month, and I was quoted about £230 for standard silver (4 wheels, trying to find a spare on ebay as mine is slightly mishapen), and £250 for anthracite/charcoal, for the more exotic colours like chrome its about another £20 per wheel.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Shadow chrome would look the tits on a platinum LCR. I had mine done there too.
IMGP1314.jpg

IMGP1318.jpg

IMGP1319.jpg

Last edited:

szd

Thanks for that scotty, a little bit more expensive in shadow chrome but i think they look really good!! :D

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
have you tried using a powder coaters, iknow you would save like £100 which can be used elsewhere. i always use
Bournes powder coaters in birmingham £100 for teh set, but you have to provide just teh alloy i think they can get teh tyres taken on and off fir like £25 or something.

szd

Thanks for the replies, I think its a toss up between the standard silver and the smoked chrome, if only I could make up my mind! :cry:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Cheers there’s a few pics in the "naked glory" thread in the pics section.

I think i did a deal with them as there sill expensive to take the rubber off etc and put them on so it worked out about £50 for all five wheels to get shadow chrome and they repaired a scuffed wheel. The girl on the phone is very affable!

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
oo i like them scotty.. i think they would look good on my black LCR.. damm u lot!... gooona get a quote now!.. lol.. is that smoked chrome.. i couldnt see a shadow chrome on their site?

szd

Well I had them done today, in black chrome, at first wasn't too sure, but didn't take long to grow on me. If you look at them straight on from a few paces away they look quite light and are a good contrast against the platinum, close up they look a bit darker, and at certain angles you get the black coming through.

The pic really doesn't do them justice tbh, took about 10 pics altogether and none of them quite captured how they look.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Did you find a spare?

I have just replaced all of my my LCR wheels and the spare and therefore have 6 (don't ask) standard 18" wheels in storage doing nothing. two of them have tyres on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.