Alloy wheel refurb guide

cbrewer28

Feb 16, 2009
poole, dorset
cbrewer28

cbrewer28

as BodyShop Warehouse don't appear to be trading on ebay now - and their "normal" website just has trade stock - where is the best place to buy this stuff without being completely ripped off??

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Big thanx to Adam for his how to. I spent a good couple of days preping and painting a second pair of wheels I bought, total cost for all bits was just under £80 (only had a halfords near me but next time ill purchase from Wilcos and get it delivered)

Only fitted them earlier today and then it started to snow so apologises for the dirty car and shite pic.

IMG_1601RE.jpg

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
just had a quote:

Alloy,18",Gloss Black,Loose Wheels - No Tyres,Full refurbishment

Net Value 240.00
VAT Value 42.00
Gross Value 282.00

Price Includes:

Same Day Service
Top quality alloy wheel refurbishment, of the whole wheel
Durable powder coating, to the finish of your choice
Drive In Or Drop Off
Wide Range of Finishes
12 Month Guarantee

GUESS I WILL BE DOING IT MYSELF AS THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
£70 per wheel does sound a bit steep... have a go yourself and then pay someone to do it if you fook it up! It is worth doing though, I was surprised by the good finish I got with the DIY method!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
There is a great place in birmingham that does it £20 a wheel that is if supplied without tyres, £30 a wheel with (and they'll put them back on)
For that they will, chemically strip, shot blast, sand, paint and lacquer, its cheap cos they do everything in house, just found out about them after a mate got his done!
Not near a pc atm (on my phone) so soon as I am I will post a link to their site

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
There is a great place in birmingham that does it £20 a wheel that is if supplied without tyres, £30 a wheel with (and they'll put them back on)
For that they will, chemically strip, shot blast, sand, paint and lacquer, its cheap cos they do everything in house, just found out about them after a mate got his done!
Not near a pc atm (on my phone) so soon as I am I will post a link to their site

[B)] Interesting! I await the link.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.