Alpine CDE-113BT Installation help

sneck_leonfr

I am after a bit of advice if possible please.
I got an Alpine CDE-113BT fitted in my 2005 Leon FR the other day and have a few minor problems with it.

When turning the unit on and off, the memory and the preset radio stations are not cleared however, the unit does not switch off when I take the key out of the ignition. I have to switch the unit off myself. Is there an easy way to sort this? Please bear in mind that it wont be me fixing this problem so try and keep the solution easy to understand!!

Also, I fitted an Autoleads PC5-90 - Aerial Adaptor to try and make sure the radio signal wasn't affected. The FM signal seems OK however, I don't have any signal on MW which is annoying as I use it for listening to football etc quite regularly. I am not 100% certain that the adaptor was fitted correctly as when it came in the post, there were no instructions or anything to help with the installation. Any advice or help with this would be greatly appreciated also.

If anybody has a Leon wiring diagram handy, that would also be a great help.

Cheers in advance.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
did you attach the blue wire from the aerial booster to the remote lead/antenna lead?
are you using the standard aerial on the roof,the c2 one is on mine and i dont get mw still but i dont use it myself.
if it isnt turning off you need to check the permanent and ignition feeds on the radio as to whats happening

matt

sneck_leonfr

It wasn't myself that fitted the unit and to be honest, I am not entirely sure where the signal booster was connected to. Do you know if there is any wiring diagrams or similar to help me sort this?
My aerial is just the standard one by the way.

From reading numerous other peoples posts on here regarding swapping the red & yellow cables over I realise that is what I need to try to get the ignition/saving settings problem sorted. From memory, I seem to think that when it was first connected with yellow to yellow and red to red, the unit switched off with the ignition but didn't save the memory. Then when the wires were switched over, it does the opposite. Does that sound right to you??

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
no wiring diagram needed,the aerial booster has 1 wire coming off it-blue one
either attach to blue or blue/white.if you have an amp in use only connect the booster to the blue/white wire as the blue one only gives out 1amp of 12v current

what do you mean by does the opposite?you need to have it set as:

_____ ______
_____
______

if this doesnt work you either have a fuse issue or something further such as a a break in the wiring along the ISO

matt

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.