Alpine iDA-X300 loss of radio and eq presets!

Sol

Hi all,

Just had my car back and found that the cd changer decided it didn't want to work so decided to get a new headunit.

I went for the Alpine unit as you don't need to have a car full of discs as it works off USB and iPod only. Installed ok, but found that the EQ settings were resetting to zero and also the radio stations would disappear after the ignition was turned off and the key taken out.

I want to know if any one on here has had the same problem? I'm going to check tomorrow if I have 12volt coming in on the main yellow wire on the harness and also check that the inline fuse on the on the harness to the unit hasn't blown either. It runs fine off of the ignition wire but everything goes after a couple of mins after the unit has discharged.

Also, before the new unit went in, the original Aura ran fine for a few days then would not turn on at all. Would this lead to whats happening here.

Will add anything if I find the problem.

Cheers all

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
I have the ida-x100 and bought the loom with the wires already swapped over . After installing check that your dashboard dimmer doesnt turn off your stereo when you turn the dial . Mine does and its a pain in the ass !

Sol

Thanks guys, just went out and did it. Soon as you said swap the cables over it pinged and thought, why didn't I think of that lol. Think going to Uni today numbed my brain a bit.

Turned it on and off a couple of times and waited and was fine. Instructions were no help as they didn't even mention about swapping them.

I haven't tried the dimmer dial yet, will try it in the morning before work. Let you know.
Cheers

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I have the ida-x100 and bought the loom with the wires already swapped over . After installing check that your dashboard dimmer doesnt turn off your stereo when you turn the dial . Mine does and its a pain in the ass !

Sounds like your dimmer is the live for the stereo and turning it down takes it below the voltage thresh hold the stereo needs to be on

Very strange.

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
Sounds like your dimmer is the live for the stereo and turning it down takes it below the voltage thresh hold the stereo needs to be on

Very strange.

I've learnt to live with it now , just means i have to have my dashboard lights as bright as they'll go .

Sol

I tried the dimmer light and on mine when its fully dimmed, the head unit display actually flickers between fully on and dimmed but the unit doesn't turn off. Think I'll do the same just keep the dial where it is.

mpetruzz

I have an Alpine iDA-X100 and am having the same problem, losing preset info after turning car off/on. The recommended fix was switching the red and yellow wires. I have a Mazda 6 and was wondering if that will take care of my issue as well.

I found this forum after searching for possible fixes. Thanks!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I have an Alpine iDA-X100 and am having the same problem, losing preset info after turning car off/on. The recommended fix was switching the red and yellow wires. I have a Mazda 6 and was wondering if that will take care of my issue as well.

I found this forum after searching for possible fixes. Thanks!

google strikes again :)

I know no one ever does nowadays but if you check the loom diagrams in the manual and test the wires it would tell you whats needed to do mind ;)

mpetruzz

Thanks guys. I'll go try it, I'm sure it'll work.

Thanks for the quick response!!

mpetruzz

I just switched the yellow and red wires and it still isn't working. Plus now I have to manually turn the stereo on, it doesn't power up with the car.

I stored all the presets and changed the time and it all reset after I shut off/turned on.

Any suggestions?

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland

i had similar problems when i fitted a sony cd player in my leon! my dimmer switch wouldnt work but when i traced the wire in the car loom from the dimmer wire i just cut the wire on the stereo adaptor and now dimmer switch works grand! im sure if you done the same on yours only join it up to the live you would be able to use the dimmer switch again! i find the dash lights very bright on full power compared to the bora!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.