Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Alpine Imprint / Sound Manager grief

Discussion in 'Modifications and Styling' started by dmmsta, Oct 17, 2008.

1. dmmsta

dmmsta Sold car - bought bike

Hey all,

Finally got round to installing my PXA-H100 Imprint processor (with a little help from Gus), and all appears good to start with.

I've got the extended functionality from the headunit (iDA-X100), however, when I try to connect the PXA-H100 to my laptop to run the Imprint Sound Manager software to get the most out of the MultiEQ I keep getting "Connection Error" messages.

I've spoken to Alpine Technical who have advised that I need to run the latest .NET Framework patch from MS, and ensure that I'm not running XP SP3.

I was advised to remove & re-install the Sound Manager software, all of which i've done.

I've tried it on a friends laptop and get the same thing.

Has anyone got a similar setup, and expereienced anything similar, and then got it working...

Cheers...

2. dmmsta

Got it sorted.

The Sound Manager software was the older version, was discovered while talking to Alpine. Latest version is v2.1.

Have run the measuring software now, altho not in perfect conditions, and the difference in massive.

Completely changes the staging. Was running it on the drive but there was a lot of traffice, so that may possibly have had an effect. Going to give it a try at a friend house out in the sticks, as what to see if the different positions make much difference to the sound.

3. BoomhaueR

BoomhaueR Wanna go fasterrrR

I've just bought the same iDA-X100, and so far loving the sound. Do you think buying this imprint stuff is worth the extra money? Or should I spend it on better speakers (currently OEM) and a sub before I go down that road?

4. dmmsta

I'm still running OEM speakers also, and it is still very noticable.

I would suggest maybe getting a sub 1st, as the Imprint setup does steal a little of the low down sound.

I did read a review somewhere that said it's best to turn a sub down during the Imprint setup, and then turn them back up, but I guess this is something that can be played around with...?

I will be getting a sub at some point to add a bit more feel into the whole system, but it's not a priority at the moment.

5. BoomhaueR

BoomhaueR Wanna go fasterrrR

Sub it is then. And imprint when I get my christmas bonus (hopefully)!

6. gus

gus Full Member

sorry dmmsta if i sent u the wrong software matey hope it didnt cause to many probs????

7. dmmsta

Hey no worries, was the right software just an older version...wasn't a problem, and got there in the end...wouldn't have got anywhere if it wasn't for you!

Adam

8. gus

gus Full Member

no worries matey happy to help. :)

9. Fl@pper

Fl@pper Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope

just a wierd thought that has popped in my head

does it recognise rhd ? or do you set position for passenger seat as drivers as such ?

10. dmmsta

You have the option of setting up as follows:

Front Left Seat
    Front Right Seat
    Front Seats
    Rear Seats
    All Seats

[​IMG]

So, as far as the software is concerned there is no Passenger / Driver position, just the seats...it then goes thru the measuring process with up to 6 measures in the mic locations specific to the area you select.

11. dmmsta

This is a link to another forum with a full review (including screenshots, one of which I borrowed for the above post).

CLICKY

I haven't had time to play with all three of the curves that are produced, but once I get some peace & quiet to do a clean measurement in the car I'll add my 10p worth...

12. Fl@pper

Fl@pper Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope

ahh thats cool then, last setup i read it stated drivers as LHF and passenger so on and so forth

great link btw ty

13. dmmsta

Nee bother...

14. dmmsta

You'll need the PXA-H100 which holds the information, and also the KTX-H100 to do the sound measuring.

I had trouble with the set-up as Alpine had an older version of the software on their website, but they may have changed now...looks like its on torrent now - v2.1 is the one I used...

Here's a 2nd hand set on eBoo

There are others but they're outside the UK...

#14 dmmsta, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010