Altea 2.0 TDi Sport market

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
Guys,

Thinking of getting one for the misses, whats the market like on them?, i.e. what kind of price should I be paying for 05 onwards with low miles, 10k or something?, there also doesnt seem to be many private ones for sale at all?

Cheers

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
I spotted an 06 Plate on a main Dealers forecourt today for £13,495.
Also one in Local Autotrader and 06 plate with 10K Miles for £12,500.

Maybe the reason not many private secondhand is that owners are generally happy with them and don't want to sell.

Many of the cars in main Dealers can be either, Ex Sales Managers car 9at the dealers themselves) or even the ones from SEAT Direct who give them to managers who after 6 month - 1 year of having them end up on dealers forecourts.

mxcupra

i'm pleased as punch with my wifes altea sport dsg etc and as cadman says, I think that the majority of owners are just enjoying the all round abilities of the model.

previously i used to change the wifes car maybe once or twice a year (she gets bored with cars very very quickly!) but she's had the Altea for over a year now and refuses to change it as she loves the economy, performance, and especially the DSG.

There are a few out there but they do appear to be holding their prices quite well at the moment so you may not get a bargain unless it's got high mileage

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
I Think you'll struggle to find a decent 2.0L TDI Sport For 10K. You may find a 2.0L FSI closer to your budget. If you're on a budget, why not go for the 1.9 TDI. You can always get it remapped to perform similar to the 2.0L, considering you know the guys at Celtic Tuning.

pantsdavies

Apr 1, 2007
Try before you buy I would

I was looking for the 2.0 tdi version, but found they are at least £2000 more than a 1.9 tdi of the same year. and im sure the sport version loses a few extras over the 1.9 tdi stylance model.

The sports version has sportier seats and uprated suspension,and DSG on some models thats all.

but each to thier own but I perffered the normal seats to the sports seats
bit more comfortable and less bucket like.

I drive a 225 audi TT and I am really impressed with the performance of the misses 1.9tdi, so i suggest taking a 2.0tdi for a spin and then 1.9tdi and see if the extra performance is worth the coin

if not settle for a stylance model with all the extras:rolleyes:

Tell

Staff member
i'm pleased as punch with my wifes altea sport dsg etc and as cadman says, I think that the majority of owners are just enjoying the all round abilities of the model.

previously i used to change the wifes car maybe once or twice a year (she gets bored with cars very very quickly!) but she's had the Altea for over a year now and refuses to change it as she loves the economy, performance, and especially the DSG.

There are a few out there but they do appear to be holding their prices quite well at the moment so you may not get a bargain unless it's got high mileage

Us girls etc... LOL... I'm still pleased with mine.

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
Thanks guys for the replies, there is one on ebay buy it now for £9500, with 19,000 miles, 04 reg, they are about under £10k, I have tried the 2.0TDi and want that one, Graham at celtic will tell you to avoid the 1.9tdi at all costs!!

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
If your not bothered about the colour then I guess its a Good Buy.
I know I wouldn't sell mine for under 10K and thats with 40K on the clock.
Anyone seen how much a Used 2.0TDI Golf and a 2.0TDI A3 go for.
Silly Money.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interestingly, One of the Car Magazines pitched the Altea up against the New Golf and the Altea came out top.

Another piece of interesting Info, chap I work with has A3 2.0TDI Audi, paid 22K for it in 2004, Only done 20K Miles, Has now driven the Altea and cannot believe how it drives and how it sounds- he reckons sound proofing is much much better on Altea than his Audi- What !!!! I Said.
(Only can speak of 2004 Model, as not sure how Seat have Soundproofed Newer models - It has been Known that First Generation Leon Cupra R's apparently got less sound proofing for Models built after 2004)
He also seemed to say he prefered Gearbox - I personally though it would be the same but maybe Not.

Yes, Let us know about dealer suggesting avoiding 1.9TDI and why.

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
Wasnt the dealer not saying to have the 1.9tdi, it was Graham at celtic tuning, purley as you cant tune them as well as the 2.0TDi, thats fair enough about you not selling yours, but second hand value's (private) arent that great, see www.parkers.co.uk also check out autotrader, all the dealers have them, which means they are traded in.

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
2.0 TDI Market

Yes, can understand that and note about Parkers guide, however when you look at the price they give for 2.0 Petrol and 2.0 Diesel and the Diesel model only being worth an Extra £800 over the petrol model , I think that its way off the mark.
To be honest the cars only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, judging by the Dealers with models available, I dare not imagine how little that they have given for some of these cars , I know a Local Dealer to me now looks to make between 2K and 2.5K on what he gives for Part Ex and what he retails at, and thats not taking in to account the 2K /2.5K thats been added on to the car your taking out.
Nice little earner for them at someone elses expense.
If you do find the car your looking for let us know how cheply you finally did manage to get it for.

Thanks

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Yes, can understand that and note about Parkers guide, however when you look at the price they give for 2.0 Petrol and 2.0 Diesel and the Diesel model only being worth an Extra £800 over the petrol model , I think that its way off the mark.
To be honest the cars only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, judging by the Dealers with models available, I dare not imagine how little that they have given for some of these cars , I know a Local Dealer to me now looks to make between 2K and 2.5K on what he gives for Part Ex and what he retails at, and thats not taking in to account the 2K /2.5K thats been added on to the car your taking out.
Nice little earner for them at someone elses expense.
If you do find the car your looking for let us know how cheply you finally did manage to get it for.

Thanks

this is precisely why i'm intending to keep mine for a long time, v prob 7 years + (unless Lotto comes up :p ), you don't get what yours is worth to you and you're paying over the odds for the replacement, i decided to push the boat out on this car (2.0Tdi Sport) and keep/enjoy it for a long time.......hope my plan works !!

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
Thats it isnt it, if you spend more and keep it you will be fine, and your right, the dealers to want to make at least £2k which is exstortionate, I was after a blue one yesterday, the dealer (non seat) admited they paid £10,100 for the car, yet they have it up for £12k:headhurt:

mjr600

Apr 19, 2007
My New Wheels

Just bought my first SEAT, an Altea Sport 2.0 Tdi DSG, I needed an auto due to 'medical problems' but didn't want some slow, dull Blue Rinse thing.

This car fitted the bill perfectly, an 05 plate, 20k miles, one private owner, FSH, metallic black, mint condition and with four brand new tyres (it had been on some Motability scheme). It came from the local Toyota dealer who had it up for weeks at 13k and reduced it to 11.5k when I then snapped it up.

Saw all the paperwork and the guy had traded it in for £11250 so they made little on it. Having looked at VW Golfs and A3's of the same year spec etc the SEAT was a very good price and depreciates gently compared to Fords, Vauxhall etc.

The car is a revelation to drive, the DSG is superb, in gear acceleration is excellent and I'm getting 45mpg. Suspension is firm but not hard, body rolls a bit but its not too bad when you consider the Altea is taller than normal.

The only drawback is that slight pause when you want a quick start away from a junction.

I'm considering a remap, spoke to the local Revo guy who do a map for DSG but warned there is a rumour the gearbox might not take torque above 270.

Custom code seem cheaper then Revo but this gearbox thing is a concern, anyone out there had it done, how does it feel, cost etc.

I'm only using BP Ultimate, is this Millers stufff worth it and finally there seems to be two hp specs for this car 138 and 140, which is it ?

Thanks

Oh yes one last thing, what is Euro 4 and is my car it ?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.