Altea Facia for Single DIN Stereo

seanasay

Hi Guys

I am trying to track down a facia to allow me to remove the existing stereo in My Altea and replace it with a single DIN Pioneer.

I bought a facia on ebay and when it arrived, it was for a LHD car.

I notice in some posts by newbi in the thread below that he ordered his from Seat.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77528

I phoned my local Seat Dealer and asked about the part 5p 2 858 071 B 47V and was told that this was not what I needed?!?!

Does anyone have have any images of this part? Does it look like the twin DIN slot facia on dashmount.co.uk?

http://www.dashmount.co.uk/march04/71076.jpg

I am waiting on a response from dashmount.co.uk regarding whether they can supply a RHD facia.

Can anyone recommend an alternative if there is one?

Help!

Cheers
Sean

seanasay

I've already replaced the speakers with Infinity Kappa 652.7i, and need to replace the existing unit with My Pioneer DEH-P70BT so that my Ipod interface and Bluetooth hands free work.

If you can find a RHD Facia, please let me know.

Cheers
Sean

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
This any use?

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/2089.html

CT24ST03.jpg

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I seem to have set the Infinity Kappa trend in replacing the speakers and using those Golf IV speaker adaptors with hacksaw :).

For those of us without Bluetooth phones and IPODs, although there are alternatives to keep the head end, the old Gloria Gaynor lyrics "I Will Survive" ;)... spring to mind.

I can see the attraction of one of those flash sat navs with DVD player but against someone taking out my windows and heading up the road with it, understating what you have inside the car is good for me... I've been hit by this in the past where I live.

seanasay

Thanks ZBOYD.

That looks the same size/shape as the VW/Seat Navigation Unit.

Perhaps the Seat part I quoted is the trim surround for this unit, and the aperture that this surround leaves is converted into a double DIN by the Connects2 Part?

3e_12_sb.JPG

CT24ST03.jpg

Anybody tried this?

Cheers
Sean

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
hi seanasay

iv posted some pictures in my previous post you mentioned!

the satnav pictured above this post will need the trim from the mentioned Seat part number because its slightly larger than the adverage double din unit but the trim adapter from the basebin is actualy deferent to the one i recieved.
being a complete dash replacement cover that accepts single or a double din stereo.

here is a picky

DCP_0090.jpg

if you have problems getting hold of any of the parts let me know and i will get hold of and post to you if that helps.

cheers

Newbi

Last edited:

seanasay

Hi Newbi

I have already got the silver facia you posted the image of. It does not fit in my car, as it seems to be for Left Hand Drive cars? Was that what you found?

I think that this was the consensus anyway?

I will speak to Seat Parts tomorrow about the trim and see if the will be willing to sell it to me this time! ;-)

In the meantime, if anyone is selling one of these trims, please give me a shout.

Cheers
Sean

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
The part number (5P2 858 071 B 47V) is the trim surrounding the SatNav not a DIN mounting adaptor.

SEAT only supply a DIN mounting adaptor for the old Leon and old Toledo, not for the Altea

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
hi

if you check out this picture you will see that im using the Seat Satnav facia surround and that i always stated that it was the Satnav surround that i was using!
i am also using a DIN adapter for a VW Golf/Touran as an insert so i can fit a single/double DIN radio, as for the Facia surround from the Bassbin the one i recieved is for a RHD Altea but due to a small diferance in colour i will not be using it.
i hope this helps.

DCP_0083_1.jpg

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Altea fascia - definitive guide.

I can provide a definitive answer to the Altea fascia debate. My car is now fitted with a RHD fascia trim to house my Pioneer AVIC-X1 and an Alpine DVD player.

You need to order the following part from Seat/VW, it costs £7.13 inc V.A.T

5P2858063A 47V

I ordered mine from Nottingham Volkswagen (0115 981 3813) as the Seat garages I called didn't seem to know what I was after.

This fascia will enable you to install aftermarket single DIN head units.
If you only have one unit to install there is a 'pocket' that can be installed into one of the bays. I don't have the part number for this but I do have a .pdf document that the VW garage sent me detailing all the Altea parts, one of which is the pocket.
The part(s) you need are 12 and 13. I had also ordered part 14 but this is for a double DIN sat nav model and isn't what you need.

I will post the .pdf on my web site and update the pictures to show the finished installation. The current sat nav pics are using a modified LHD fascia (note the gap at the bottom left).

I thought I'd post this up as my sat nav installation is now finished with all the correct parts.

For anyone looking for a RHD fascia on ebay, forget it, they are LHD, I've already asked. I couldn't find anywhere that had a RHD part except VW. Dashmount don't sell them, I asked where they got theres from in the picture on their web site and they told me it was a LHD car mirrored in photoshop!

Hope this helps others.

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
The last 3 digits in that part number (47V) are for ona silver. There are 3 other colours depending on your interior which woul thus have differeing last 3 digits.

The little pocket is "shelf / stowage compartment" 5P0 857 232 A 1UQ is black @ £15.22 inc VAT

ETKA is unclear about these parts, it implies all Alteas / Toledos have them when they dont. Maybe this is confusing some dealers, why supply something which is alraedy on the car apparently!

seanasay

Hi C-Se7en

I'm really keen to see your updated photos. I have just installed my Pioneer Single DIN using part 14 as identified in your PDF, and then using a Connects 2 Insert. Looks a bit Naff, so would be keen to swap this using the parts you have identified.

Cheers
Sean

chrislang

Further Altea Facia adapter update Monday 20th March

Manufacturer has finally agreed that the Connects2 adapter is wrong for RHD Altea having argued that it was the right one! But not yet come up with an alternative.
However the SEAT dealer F Nicholson, Beeston, Nottingham that Tony mentioned and their new parts man Geoff have been very helpful and supplied a RHD Sat Nav adapter plate. ( part number 5P2858063A1MM ) which seems to have some moulded attachment clips on it Hole looks suitable for double DIN head unit and Standard single DIN audio with the addition of a DIN blanking plate or Pocketwith little modding.
Will let you know how I get on.

Chris

spitty

Yet more fascia info

Hi all,

I have been lurking around in the shadows for a couple of weeks while waiting for my Altea to arrive. Being a used Altea, I couldn't specify the bluetooth factory-fitted option, so am considering a number of possibilities - one of which is a replacement double-din head unit.

I took the part numbers suggested here to my local Seat parts deparment, and was surprised to find that Seat have 3 different types of silver!

So, as a way of saying thank you for the help you have given me thus far, here is a bit more information on facia panels. There is a sticker on the boot floor which will tell you what your interior trim code is.

http://www.klwn-foe.org.uk/misc/altea_fascia_trim.pdf
This domain is due to expire soon, so I will host it somewhere more permanent when I can.

Spitty

p.s
I am glad I didn't order a silver, my trim turned out to be "persia black" :doh:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.