Altea Folding Parcel Shelf (in boot)

Des1975

:) Hi All,

I'm new to the SEAT forums, so go easy on me !!!

My wife has just bought a brand new (imported) Altea 1.9tdi Stylance.
We're delighted with it and I look forward to prizing the key from her to
actually get a shot of it one day !

I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a SEAT parts dealer.

The Folding Parcel Shelf that sits half way up the boot is missing and so are the plastic 'runners' that hold it in place at either side. This seemed strange as the basic model had it, anyway, we are now trying to source
these parts and hope you can help.

Thanks for reading

Des

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Nice motor

Not seen the Altea boot, but sounds like the bits I've got from our Toledo (false floor about 12" off the real, metal boot floor)

I'd imagine the boot on the Toledo is quite a bit deeper, but the parts I've got here have -

5P5.858.833A &
5P5.858.834A on them (plastic covered metal rails that the floor clips into)

05-boot-ski-hatch.jpg
05-boot.jpg

Last edited:

Des1975

Altea Boot shelf

Hi There,

Firstly, well done for knowing what i meant :D

Thanks for the info, looks identical to what we seen in the other Altea stylance model, who do you normally use for SEAT parts in the UK?

I have a Skoda and i know that its ususally easier and cheaper to deal with parts suppliers rather than dealers,

Any advice greatly welcome

Cheers

D

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
That could well be the case, but I'm usually after obscure parts so only the dealers have access to the bits I need.

Somewhere (and I'll go get the link in a sec) on the forum there's a section manned by TedJohnson SEAT in Yorkshire - Dawn will get you discounted (typically 10%) parts in and post them out to you.

link

..... and it looks like you've found them already
:lol:

Other than that, I think vagparts ..... .com ?? or something :confused: can get you stuff like aerowipers and sunglasses holders, but it doen't seem worth the hassle of trying to find them (in my experience anyway)

Last edited:

jtmac

Hi Des1975,

The folding boot bit is an option on UK 1.9TDI's it was £55 when I got mine. I was going to order it on my Altea but the dealer said it was included. When they finally delivered the car it wasn't there so he had to find all the bits and fit it later. I got the impression it costs them a bit more as spares.

I'm really pleased with it. I hid away all those bits that would rattle around in the boot and the divider stops stuff sliding around as much. You also get a more flat surface when you fold the seats down.

I can look in the boot for part numbers at lunch time if you want?

jtmac
Altea 1.9TDI Reference Sport

Last edited:

ALTEA

Hi Des1975,

The folding boot bit is an option on UK 1.9TDI's it was £55 when I got mine. I was going to order it on my Altea but the dealer said it was included. When they finally delivered the car it wasn't there so he had to find all the bits and fit it later. I got the impression it costs them a bit more as spares.

I'm really pleased with it. I hid away all those bits that would rattle around in the boot and the divider stops stuff sliding around as much. You also get a more flat surface when you fold the seats down.

I can look in the boot for part numbers at lunch time if you want?

jtmac
Altea 1.9TDI Reference Sport

Yep it was standard on the earlier cars but on the later ones it is an option, thats why your dealer thought it was included.

Des1975

Thanks everyone,

Please keep the suggestions coming and i'll contact some dealers in the meantime. I drove the car today and was very impressed, it's comfortable
and drives very well, i'd love a hot of the FR version !!!

I better try getting some prices on these parts :)

Cheers

Des

Tell

Staff member
Well there were permutations on whether you wanted a spare, or the kit to repair etc at the time that I bought mine. With spare the space around it carries all the stuff I had in my "bonio" box, the large box that contained the boxes of said bonios that I used to contain all the stuff that rattles around, so the net effect as was said above all the stuff you normally carrying in the boot [pumps, toe rope, proper brace etc etc] goes under the floor with the wheel. You still have the parcel shelf to put the triange in etc.

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
I have a new Toledo TDi with the standard folding false floor, as pictured by someone else in a thread above. My one question is - WHY ??? I took it out and stuck it in the attic on the first day of ownership - if you decide to buy a car with a big boot, why the hell would you want to reduce the size of the boot significantly anyway with a false floor ? Its an idiot idea - pity the 'real' floor isn't a bit more ridig and soundproofed - it has very little rigid support and very poor soundproffing (which I suspect is what the false floor actually is - a cheal effort to kill road and exhaust noise from the boot).

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Absolutely it is.

But why not give the customer the opportunity to maximise what space there is on the odd occasion that they actually need it.

A lot of cars used to sling the spare wheel under the car to provide a firm, flat boot floor ... but it's a PITA when you've got a puncture and it's raining.

Tell

Staff member
By offering them the choice, you give them the falso bottom and the options of the spare wheel in the boot, or puncture repair kit. I want a spare wheel myself and don't want it lashed under the car as in my old ZX.

The Altea boot at the lower level has so much space with the spare wheel that you can get all the oddments out the of boot bar the chiller in my case and in the lower area leaving the boot for shopping etc, so I think the boot arrangement is great myself.

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
I agree with the idea of having the sparewheel inside the car.....but (at least in the Toledo) my sparewheel is under the real boot floor, not just under the false floor. So I still have a flat boot floor over the spare wheel with carpet etc.....so no need at all for the false thingy. As for providing a hideaway for all the 'stuff' you need to carry around....why are you carrying around a bunch of clutter anyway ? Why bother ? leave it at home in the shed and access when you need it.

jtmac

why are you carrying around a bunch of clutter anyway ? Why bother ? leave it at home in the shed and access when you need it.

I might do that if I had a false floor for shed. Anyone know the part numbers?;)

As I said before. It gives you a flatter floor when you fold the seat down and hides the sliding mecanism for the back seats too. I hate having de-icer or wine bottles clanking around behind me, the divider helps to keep that sort of thing in place. On the 10 or so times a year I really need to fill the boot to the top I'll take the shelf and divider out. It's good to have the choice.

Tell

Staff member
ah well you never know when you need the jump leads, the tow roap, the wheel brace, the wheel nut undo-er with the long handle etc, or the electric foot pump fails and you need the foot pump etc. Best to be prepared :). If you got that space with the space wheel under the false bottom of the Altea why not use it. I keep my spare oil top up under there as well for the long trips to Euro.

Now I have been known to carry mothers black lab in the boot to the vet so he doesn't wreck the back of the car, I wouldn't do this in the Altea since he'd rip up the false boot or try too. So that's a down side !.

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
Got the split boot floor as an option in my new Altea Stylance in July this year. Happy with it but did not come with a divider in the lower section as shown in the manual. Dealers says they just come like that. Anyone else get a divider with theirs when new?

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
Am based in Stockport near Manchester not sure if that is anywhere near you? Assume you got a couple fitted with yours then?
Thanks

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Well that's easy - I'll be in Bramhall all Christmas :D

Can't find my tape-measure at the moment, but I'll measure one when I do and just confirm the Toledo ones fit the same sized gap.

Had a little accident with our Toledo which necessitated the purchase of a new rear seat ... I picked up a few other useful little bits from the scrappers I got the seat from.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Pt # 5P0 861 091 1UA

Coyly ask your local dealer if they can find the divider on their system - should be able to get you a part number to cross-reference

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise