Altea fr tdi

bigcarnut

Hi Guys

I am thinking about getting a seat altea fr tdi the car i am looking at is a 56 plate its done
80k miles
I would like to know would this car have a dpf

hows there reliability

any common problems i need to look out for ???

how are they on fuel

thanks in advance for any advice given :clap::clap:

DAVE FR MK2 TDI

Advice

Hi Guys

I am thinking about getting a seat altea fr tdi the car i am looking at is a 56 plate its done
80k miles
I would like to know would this car have a dpf

hows there reliability

any common problems i need to look out for ???

how are they on fuel

thanks in advance for any advice given :clap::clap:

HI yes the car will have a dpf and you will only no if you are going to have problems after you have bought it the dpf can be removed it costs between £400 and £500. reeliability thats down to the car I have owned a seat leon fr tdi and a altea 2.0l dsg tdi and now own a altea fr tdi and a have had very little problems with them things to check out abs unit has been replaced or repaired. if it has had the seat recall for new injectors.and had cambelt changed.fuel good on fuel but like any car if you drive it like you stole it or have a diving boot on you right foot it will drink it. i have just had the dpf and egr valve delete done on my altea and it has made it a fantastic car.hope this helps Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigcarnut

Hi Dave

thanks for the info mate

i am guessing phoning my local seat dealer and giving them the reg will let me know if the injectors have been replaced

Davies20

you wont regret it buddy. Ive just bought an 57 plate Altea Fr TDi & i bloody love it!

Really good cars. Mines just had the injectors done on it as the previous owner had not.

With regards to DPF - when the Mrs has the car, after 2 days, the DPF light will be on! A 'swift' drive soon swiches it off though :)

Sep 17, 2011
I've had one a month and sat in the garage for the second time. First time boost pressure sensor needed replacing, second time recurring fault and the glow plugs need replacing.

Davies20

I've had one a month and sat in the garage for the second time. First time boost pressure sensor needed replacing, second time recurring fault and the glow plugs need replacing.

Quite high though mileage I do believe?

Last edited by a moderator:

kidm170

I thought me Vauxhall cdti was bad ,but my altea tdi fr is coming a close second, had to have injectors done, boost valve replaced, and got traction light constantly on and it seems to stutter when accelerating, plus when its hot it goes to sound deep rumble type sound ...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.