Altea FR, What should I do? Help

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
I totally agree with you but I will just create the same problem I had with my LCR.

Although Im very happy with my Altea FR Im still not sure if i should have bought a Black one. I look at yours and Toxic's and it makes me think.

Also nobody has really noticed ive got a new car because my old one was the same colour, even those this is an Altea and my old one was a LCR

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark

I actually like the red one and there is not many of them at the road.
The red is gonna look superb with the black orions if you are going for them, maybe change the grill to the black cupra one and the side mirror caps altso in cupra black.

Last edited:

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark
Yes red calipers and black wheels nice. Think about the mirrors and grill altso it will make it one of a kind.
And the colors will be the same Red/Black, instead of a crome grill ass all the other Alteas and alloy mirrorcaps as all FRs.

Good hunting Logan

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Go for it ! I dont think its ever possible to say "right I've finished putting mods on my car now, im happy" There is always something else to find. Looks good.

I got my 12v sockets made permanant yesterday, cost £82. Still looking for some wheels and the red caliper paint is always out of stock at Halfords.

How much is it going to cost you for the two mods then?

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark
Heard the price on the intake would be around 360 pound, no idea about the oil tank.
But not sure how much more i will get done, just found out that i have sevire cancer that cant be cured, so maybe the money will go for traveling with my wife instead of the car.
Will post pics of spoiler this week.

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Mate im sorry to hear about that. That puts things into perspective.

Im just having a break. Currently in the process of painting my Ibiza calipers Red. Didnt realise it would be so fiddly. Waiting for this coat to dry then hopefully will only need one more then im done.

Take care mate, stay in touch

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Cheers thanks people.

Looking like im going to go for the linear grille and rear spoiler for now. ( as of payday )

Then possibly paint the calipers Black or get some Black alloys then paint then Red. Havent decided yet. Theres no rush on that as of yet

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark
Sounds good Logan, nice iam not the only Altea freak.
By the wat nice Beeza you have also.

Just fitted my spoiler today looks so nice.
If the weather is okay i will have pics tomorrow.

By the way why does the Altea not have the hard plastic box surrounding the battery, like the vw, we only have some fabric of a kind,
**** one more thing i have to change money money
My next upgrade will be 2 x pioneer TS-G171C speakers (Just orderd on Ebay) maybe a ton of dynamat and a shark fin antenne.
Then the next will be the new Forge twin intake, alloy oilcatch tank and VW battery box.

I will die of cancer before i get finished, sick humor i know but its better than no humor

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Mate, you have the same sense of humour as me. I deal with so much death and violence in my line of work that a good sense of humour helps you cope with it.

Im really gutted for you but think you have the right mind set. Make the most out of what you've got !

I love your Altea. How much is standard spec? Do those seats come with it? Nice stiching on the door too. Mine doesnt have either. Seats are FR but not as tasty as yours. Have you upgraded the brakes?

Your front windows look like they might be illegal in this country. Is the law different where you are?

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark
Not mush is standart specs same as you i think, my extras is bixenon, coming/leaving home and anti light rear mirror or what you call it in english.

The seats are form a Leon FR and stitches on doors got made same time with the leather on the seats and doors by a tailor i know.
Brakes got upgrated to original Leon cupra 345 x 30 mm they work superb.
The windows is a no comment subject not sure if legal, but cops have never commented on it.

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Ask no questions and I'll tell no lies comes to mind ! Haha

You can see you've spent plenty of money on it. Its is a superb example. Like I've said previously i really wanted to hate this car but I just cant.

Keep on going with the mods / pictures.

nice mate... the battery box mod does clean up the engine bay. just need the R8 Radiator cap to finish it off:)

IMG_0296.JPG

SP.DK

Regards from Stig
Jun 3, 2009
Aarhus Denmark
I know Toxic it looks nice, but will wait till i have to order something else from Awe.
The best about the batt box was the price of 25£.

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
I love the spoiler. Really want to get one for mine. Been snowed under with work these last few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to sort it out soon.

Ive had my car a couple of months now and still havent seen another like it. How rare are they? Do you guys see other Altea Fr's about?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise