Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Altea FR windscreen washer fuse.

Discussion in 'Altea - includes XL and Freetrack' started by NJHaire69, Nov 26, 2017.

1. NJHaire69

NJHaire69 Active Member

Does anyone know where the fuse for screen washers is located. I have checked manual and fuses below steering wheel and in the engine compartment. All fuses are ok, but my screen washers do not work. I am asking in case it has been removed or how can I check?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. leskriett

leskriett Active Member

Hi,

I had the same sort of fault, turns out it wasn't the fuse but a relay.

Is there anything else not working? The relay in question does the cig lighter, front washers, rear washer and rear wipe.

Details here on replacement required:

"If anyone else has this issue, open the drivers door, remove the dash end panel (just prises off) and the fuse cover and then the lower dash panel (just to get some light in).

Just above the fusebox is a relay panel, there are 2 large relays numbered 460, the one in question is on the right as you sit in the drivers seat (nearest the door).

The relay part number is 1K0 951 253A and cost me about £13 from a VW dealer.

Swapped the relay over and the dead circuits have come to life again."

Lee.