Altea Freetrack 2.0 tfsi - modifications help!!!

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Hi all. Just to say thank u for all the advice and support so far in
My thread.

I have sourced a remap locally from a decent company called DRS in Derby. Cost £199 for stage 1 which should achieve approx 250bhp.

Can anyone confirm what mods I should consider alongside this?? To keep it healthy. Do I need to replace/upgrade anything?? Air Filter?? TIP??? PLUGS?? Etc

Regards

Bash

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Depending on torque figures and what your stock clutch can cope with, intercooler possibly but that again depends on stock intercooler.

Best advice with more power is always first off better brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Depending on torque figures and what your stock clutch can cope with, intercooler possibly but that again depends on stock intercooler.

Best advice with more power is always first off better brakes

Thanks, I've got brakes sorted, Audi S3 8P 345mm disc n calipers are being fitted this month. Not sure if standard wheels will fit, if not then 18" RS6 alloys will be the most likely choice.

In regards to power, with stage 1 map I should be fine with stock inter cooler. It was the smaller parts I was concerned about. When I napped my Cupar R, had to change air filter, Tip, plugs and new coils as the originals have up on remap.

eddyb99

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks, I've got brakes sorted, Audi S3 8P 345mm disc n calipers are being fitted this month. Not sure if standard wheels will fit, if not then 18" RS6 alloys will be the most likely choice.

In regards to power, with stage 1 map I should be fine with stock inter cooler. It was the smaller parts I was concerned about. When I napped my Cupar R, had to change air filter, Tip, plugs and new coils as the originals have up on remap.

Upgraded the airbox and mass air flow from a cupra before the stage 1 map and it brought my BHP to 261....
592944ea51f055299dfa11abb284feb9.jpg

eddyb99

Nov 24, 2016
Think the mk2 & Mk3 mate are practically the same engine wise. the engine in the altea is a BWA engine from mk 5 golf gti and very similar to the cupra r as far as im aware. A lot of tips and know how in these forums. I'm sort of learning as i go mate lol

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Think the mk2 & Mk3 mate are practically the same engine wise. the engine in the altea is a BWA engine from mk 5 golf gti and very similar to the cupra r as far as im aware. A lot of tips and know how in these forums. I'm sort of learning as i go mate lol

Thanks eddy

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Just picked up my free track today .

I can see why a brake upgrade is recommended

Handling is pretty decent, 4wd a first for me, very impressed!

minimarvel

Mar 3, 2017
ESSEX UK
Congratulations on your new purchase.

Just to add some more non constructive info: The edition 30 MKV golf shared some engine parts like turbo with the s3 that were upgrades over the standard GTI parts and why 300+ BHP is easily achievable. Maybe the Cupra R shared some of these parts also?

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Guys need some help here.....

1- is a Hpfp from a mk5 gti ed30 considered an upgrade to what my current engine is running???

2- is a mk5 gti or cupra mk2 diverted valve an upgrade to my standard dv or the same??

3- is it worth installing a Cupra mk2 intake or go for after market??

Trying to do things on a budget here so any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Old thread but some of this info might be useful.

Your engine is essentially a MK5 Gti one.
The HPFP from an Edition30 is not an upgrade. The Facelift S3/Cupra (from around 2011) has a slightly different HPFP but IMO it's not worth it. I run Autotech internals in mine.
The DV is the same, just get the latest factory DV.
No point at all in the Cupra Intake. Aftermarket all the way.

My Freetrack runs:

B16 coilovers
Revo 4pot brake kit
Superpro Lower arms
Revo engine mounts
Revo K04 Turbo
Revo Stage3 software
Revo Downpipe
Revo Intake
Revo FMIC
Helix Clutch
2012 18" Cupra Wheels
And probably loads more I've forgotten about.
It's a cheap quick car, very amusing as no one knows what it is.

Terry1235

Sep 3, 2017
Paignton
Hi guys can anyone help me with the Bluetooth for my stereo I've upgraded from the standard blaupunkt radio to the rns 510 and can't stream music via bluetooth.
Can the bluetooth be upgraded?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members