Altea Freetrak (was:Seat have something up their sleeve for Geneva)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
New ibiza - 2 versions - one a drop top?

Scott

Certainly plausible. I spoke with someone within SEAT UK last year. That told me that the Tango was being reborn. But as a whole new concept, and based on the next gen Ibiza. But the timeframe was 2008 at the earliest.

Its a growing market though, and no one in the VAG group offer a budget based CC, and they are certainly getting popular as a market segment.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
probably a tango style concept to show the 'new' Ibiza face, then a new ibiza the next day

Suprised they're doing a 'his & hers' day - that would really put people off if they brand the softtop as for girls only

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Check out the front page of seat.com.

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/SEAT/site/main.html

There is now a sketch of the new car that will be unveiled as well as info that you will be able to watch the unveiling live via webcam.

Must be something pretty big for Seat. I'm counting on the return of the tango ;)

img-right.en,property=Image.jpg

Scott

T. Spark

Hmmm, could this be me not spending any more money on the beeza and swopping it? Maybe... depending :D

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
its no tango. I overlaid (quickly and roughly!) both images, the small thumbnail and then the larger jpeg with the white box obscuring the sketch.

To my design eye, its either some sort of SUV/CUV, maybe a Leon or Altea 'Cupra 4' or its a Alhambra replacement. At a push, it could be a revised Toledo, but overall it looks like another Altea/Leon one box clone.

133423776-S.jpg

The little bit of the tail (on the left) seems a bit odd

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Possibly a new toledo with megane style 'bump'? Their obviously hiding the rear part of the initial image for some reason.

multimedia.html

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it would be interesting if they managed to eek out another toledo type car without the hump

Since the Leon's launch I don't think I've seen a new Tolly

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
it would be interesting if they managed to eek out another toledo type car without the hump

Since the Leon's launch I don't think I've seen a new Tolly

it would seem a weird choice as well, but in the design interview we ran a while back, he did mention that 'correcting' the Toledo was a prority.

The Altea off road might make sense. VW's own cross-over-vehicle is suppose to launch at the end of the year or early 08 (and already shown in concept form).

We'll know in just over a day

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
My hands are clasped in prayer.

They need a new Toledo out pretty soon, otherwise people like myself who buy 3-4 year old cars will be lost to the Seat brand. I know the Toledo market has never been huge but with the XL they seem to have moved to offer a large load carrying car that does most of the things the latest Toledo does, without the negative reaction the rear end provokes (although I'm not a huge fan of the XL rear either). Surely this all points to a return to a slightly more traditional type saloon pretty soon? It would be nice if it looks athletic and sporty.

My next car is likely to be a model that is either out already or is coming out very soon. At the moment the Madza 6 is winning. Insurance and petrol costs will be a factor in my next car as I think there will be further emissions taxes in the next few years, especially in London.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.