Altea Freetrak (was:Seat have something up their sleeve for Geneva)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Blasted shame it wont be a new Arosa :( seems the wee hatchbacks are getting bigger and bigger look at the new mini. Its almost the size of a focus :think:. Would like to see the Tango get an airing but, agree a new toledo is needed.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
not on a B1 platform - the doors would have to be huge

I'd expect something like a Superb Chassis sized thing.

But not tomorrow.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Blasted shame it wont be a new Arosa :( seems the wee hatchbacks are getting bigger and bigger look at the new mini. Its almost the size of a focus :think:. Would like to see the Tango get an airing but, agree a new toledo is needed.

Yup and its bloody annoying! Look at the size of the mk1 punto against the mk3 grande...its huge! The problem also is that they have the same 1.2l engine from the mk1 to the mk3 but its gained about 6 rhinos in the process!

Someone hold goble down and we'll tickle him with feathers till he tells!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmmm will know in 2 days time I guess. Dont like the Altea Freetrack prototype, just looks like an Altea thats been hit by a freelander !!

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
sound, is it a new saloon then or you sworn to secrecy

(ha ha ha ban bonzy1800 like it thats quite funny)

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
The his and hers thing still confuses me. Maybe it is going to be the SUV Seat Gubbins for him?

seatgubbins.jpg

...but just done in Shakira purple for her?

Even if not tomorrow, a Passat size sport saloon would be a very welcome addition. I like Passat's but they're a bit too conservative, but with sporty styling of Seat would look quite good on a proper saloon I think. Hey...what chance us saloon guys might get a 4motion option?!

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
I now know what it is. Na na na na naaaa na!

I'll keep to SEAT's embargo, even if its been broken by one (non SEAT) site

Will probably be seen as quite dissapointing to people wanting a new Alhambra or Toledo...ooops, I've said too much :)

The sketch shown earlier in the thread is quite realstic of the concept

Last edited:

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
OK, so a quick search on www.seat.com and click on the Geneva link on the right hand side bar and its already on their site.

133986178-L.jpg

based on the Altea XL, this prototype is called the Freetrack and is a jacked up cross over style vehicle. Keep an eye on SCN throughout Tuesday as the rest of the concept is revealed.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Talk about giving the customer what they want.....

I must have missed all the people wanting this?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.