Altea Freetrak (was:Seat have something up their sleeve for Geneva)

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
listening to customer demand these days seems to be non existant.
just like blind leading the blind
why oh why oh why?????

OMG and I will have to work on them :cry:

ha ha with 240bhp and 4x4 you can do doughnuts on road test

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Seat must have gone a touch mad here ? They have completely ignored the market for new drivers by not making a new Arosa and created a 4X4 which will never get used off road. People will predictably buy it instead of the Altea, which is more than sufficent for a family vehicle. Maybe we will wake up tomorrow and it will have all been a horrible nightmare !

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
well.i said the toledo was an altea having a ****.
this is a toledo with a big ol boil on its ass.
great timing too.just as the insurance companies announced hikes for SUV's due to 3rd party claims from accidents involving them.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Would also be nice if insurance companies could also take into account that these types of vehicles are more likely to kill someone due to their height.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just having a google..... I don't know how we missed it

It's cached on seat's main page, and there's discussion on various forums - expected delivery date is November 07

I still can't work out why though.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Maybe there's more interest for that sort of thing outside of the uk?

Surely they can't be totally mad to release something that isn't going to sell well for them..... can they?

Scott

Tell

Staff member
I think they need to loose the wheel at the back...

133986178-L.jpg

Where did this thread come from?... nobody seemed to be posting anything all day and wham this appears from nowhere or it's moved....

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Where did this thread come from?... nobody seemed to be posting anything all day and wham this appears from nowhere or it's moved....
Same here, Tell,

was wondering myself that there were no rumours in the ALTEA-board the last couple of days ... until this late evening this thread pops up.
The thread must have been moved after the reveilment of the 4x4-model ... as now it's more or less belonging here.

Maybe, we were concentrated on "our" board too much ... ;)

Last edited:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London

Maybe, we were concentrated on "our" board too much ... ;)

It was in the S-u-W section, where once in a blue moon something gets written that is actually worthy of avoiding the purge. I guess it's here because it's closest to an Altea. Definitely more Altea XL in the rear light department than the Toledo.

I do think Seat are too late into the market on this one. Although they may sell about 5 in Newquay.

Tell

Staff member
I think Markey boy moved it Klawits.... well I'd buy an Altea or an Altea XL type of car with 4 wheel drive... no wasn't thinking about retiring to Newquay GrayT, when it's the time, but snow covered Wales where you'd be stuck in the winter without 4 wheel drive up those country lanes. A Quattro type of Seat would sell to sporty people but the time isn't right for another SUV I don't think.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com

133986178-L.jpg

yes, moved. The thread had been developing over the last few days, then I found the image above just after mid-night your time Tuesday. Moved to Altea section at some point today (and I'm just about to edit the title)

Full press releases and show images if you dare on the main site www.seatcupra.net

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk

133986178-L.jpg

Think they need to loose the rear wheel, jacked up suspension and prob part time 4 wheel drive :whistle:

They will sell, look how well cars like the Rav4 or Kia Shitrento sell

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
VW version (as does cars like the CRV, Rav4 etc) look a lot more purposeful as there designed as Cross over vehicles and have the proportions and stance to suite. The Altea just looks silly, like a characture. Exactly the same way that a Rover Streetwise was a bit of a joke.

When I was still in the UK, I do remember seeing a few Scenic 4x4's. Has this model continued with the new generation of Scenic?

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
But there is a bit of the Scenic Rx4 about the Altea Freetrack:

renault_scenicrx4copy.jpg

alteafreetrackcopy.jpg

Wasn't it the Scenic that managed to beat a Discovery and something else in a test towing a caravan from standing start across a grassy field? My memory is getting poor these days...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
reading some comics on the newstands today...

2.0 fsi and 2.0 tdi's - so it won't have the Cupra Engine (in the same way that most concept cars don't ever have attainable engines)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.