Altea instrument cluster

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
The wheel or airbag doesn't need to come off, just adjust it to the lowest/furthest settings.

Putting back the same clocks won't affect your immo, as the immo is in the clocks.

aerobaticant

The wheel or airbag doesn't need to come off, just adjust it to the lowest/furthest settings.

Putting back the same clocks won't affect your immo, as the immo is in the clocks.

Excellent - thanks!

ElsaWin shows using a tool U-30800 to remove the trim:

ef5cfd1f-e959-484c-b576-87fefa5f33f9_zps9f0e91f1.png

I expect the one that arrived today from eBay will work!

tool_zpsa6c16025.png

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenks

Jan 3, 2014
Staffs
Hi skard where did you get your stereo from & what extras do you need to fit it? Been looking on eBay for a nice double din I would be thankful if you could help me cheers

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
The stereo I had was a Zenec NC2010. If buying new it comes with all the kit needed such as accessory wires and a CAN interface. Bluetooth and satnav is integrated.
Quite an old model these days, but developed specifically for the mk5 based cars.

I would personally be wary of cheap clones on ebay as apart from reliability issues, the user interface is usually horrible.

BIGSKINS

Nov 14, 2014
Help with coding speedo

Hi skard im new on the forum and would like to know if you know anyone in the northwest area that could program the clocks to my car I have seen some that im going to buy but im a bit wary about trying it myself any info would be greatly received. Thanks

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Hi

I an not sure, I know of a guy in Leeds who used to do it, maybe he still has the cable

_Kess_

Seat Sport
Aug 2, 2013
www.seataltea.es
It's hard to codify the new cluster with the Commander? It's necessary to do it when it's already mounted on the car I guess?

Do you think is one of those things you should need practice before or can I just order the cable and go ahead?

Thank you for your help.

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Yes it has to be plugged into your car and it is very easy really.
Follow the guide I linked to exactly to the word. If you tinker or deviate from it then it could be hard to rectify it

_Kess_

Seat Sport
Aug 2, 2013
www.seataltea.es
Yes it has to be plugged into your car and it is very easy really.
Follow the guide I linked to exactly to the word. If you tinker or deviate from it then it could be hard to rectify it

Finally bought the cluster and the commander and will give a try, seems quite easy and that guide is so clear.

Thank you so much for your help skard!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members