Altea long term test in Whatcar

loadswine

loadswine
There is a long term test report in August edition of Whatcar, not a glowing report, as the tester can't figure out what the Altea wants to be. Well it was always going to be seen like that by the press, I think. Its what you want it to be that determines how it works for you. There is also a tiny bit in July's Whatcar too.
Oh, and the reader's report is by me, it's my pic in both editions. I gave it a good write-up at least.:)

loadswine

loadswine
Hi Klaus, the Whatcar I referred to are the magazine publications and not their web site unfortunately. So there isn't a web link with this one, its not me being lazy!;)
You are certainly not a dummy my friend, your knowledge is extensive and your English superb.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Just goes to show you that people that work for What Car? clearly dont talk to each other as the online video review of the Altea gave it a glowing review! The video has been chopped now just leaving the end bit but the full version said it looked good, drove well, was well packaged and that there was "definately a place for it".

If the tester cant figure it out, maybe they should be sacked and replaced with somebody with more than half a braincell. :bleh:

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
its very obvious to me where it fits! I wanted a medium sized family car, with four doors, five seats (ooo just) and enough room to through my stuff in the car for detailing, be sporty looking and a bit different to the four million Ford Focus cars running around... but I didn't want an out and out Daddy wagon!

Seems pretty clear to me...?????!!!!!

Griffsters

FinerDetails said:
its very obvious to me where it fits! I wanted a medium sized family car, with four doors, five seats (ooo just) and enough room to through my stuff in the car for detailing, be sporty looking and a bit different to the four million Ford Focus cars running around... but I didn't want an out and out Daddy wagon!

Seems pretty clear to me...?????!!!!!

Spot on, to me its a family car with a difference. Stylish and stand out ish. Almost bought another Focus when looking around but the Altea was just that different from the crowd and with VW / Audi group built into the mix.

Some journos bring far too many of their own biases and preferences into reviews.. although I suppose thats inevitable really.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Exactly and the thing is that, gone are the days where you can pigeon hole new cars into different classes. Eg, what class does the Skoda Roomster, Nissan Note or Renault Modus fit in to?

Cars are becoming cross bred all over the place and it seems that motor journos cant get their heads round it.

I DONT LIKE BEING PIGEON HOLED and thats even more of a reason to LOVE my Altea! :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members