Altea Sliding Rear Seats

brycem

I am contemplating trading my 2004 Golf Gt Tdi 2.0 for an altea 2.0 Tdi sport as i now need more boot space.

I note that MY2006 Alteas have a sliding rear seat. When were MY2006 available in UK as I would probably prefer a demo to save a bit of cash?

Also how much do they slide and are they like golf plus in that you can slide one half and not the other. How many litres boot space do you get when the seat is at furthest forward position?

Sorry for these questions but I can't find any info. other than mention of it on Seat.co.uk website.

Brycem

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi brycem,

maybe I can help you out:

the MY2006 rear seats will slide in parts 1/3 and/or 2/3 up to approx. 15 cm which will increase loading capacitiy up to 510 litres.

Interested in some pixies?

http://www.seatforum.de/forum/showpost.php?p=100669&postcount=30

or visit my galery ... has lots of pics including 2 more of sliding rear seats ... (see link in signature)

Greets
Klaus

EDIT:
Distant Sun said:
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or deny the above info.
... bet you are ... :D

Last edited:

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
The seats slide forward 10 centimetres, I would assume in the 1/3 to 2/3 split, as per the existing folding backrest. Not sure what extra volume that gives but I think I read somewhere it's approx 100 litres?

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or deny the above info. ;)

brycem

Klaus,

thanks for the excellent and informative response. I think you have clarified my queries. I take it the seats fold to create a flat cargo space?

Also what is with the double boot floor can you remove it to give more depth?

Thanks again

Brycem :confused:

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
brycem said:
I take it the seats fold to create a flat cargo space?

Also what is with the double boot floor can you remove it to give more depth?
... Almost so, as only the back folds (and not the seat itself) is't only close to perfectly even ;)

The double boot floor can be folded or removed completely and according to the spare wheel option you order
(a) tyre mobility set,
(b) space saving "emergency" spare tyre
(c) full 205 spare wheel
you get a smooth and flat lower compartment (a+b) or have to accept the same bump (c) you see within my gallery (2nd to last picture).

You're welcome.

Greets again
Klaus

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
klawit said:
... Almost so, as only the back folds (and not the seat itself) is't only close to perfectly even ;)

The double boot floor can be folded or removed completely and according to the spare wheel option you order
(a) tyre mobility set,
(b) space saving "emergency" spare tyre
(c) full 205 spare wheel
you get a smooth and flat lower compartment (a+b) or have to accept the same bump (c) you see within my gallery (2nd to last picture).

You're welcome.

Greets again
Klaus
Hi Klaus,
Sorry to hijack the thread, very nice Altea Sport & I see you have the sunroof option.
I have ordered new Toledo Sport with this option, but have never seen one and would like to know what the interior roof (headliner) looks like with this option, as I want to install a roof mounted DVD screen & player.
Is there any chance that you could post some pictures of the roof inside at the front, where interior light is and also behind the sunroof area, where the rear interior light is on versions without sunroof.
If it is easier, you could email to [email protected]
Thanks a lot.
John.T

alterego

Is there any way of retro-fitting the seat sliding mechanism to earlier Altea models?

The seat bases already slide forward when the backs are folded.

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
alterego said:
Is there any way of retro-fitting the seat sliding mechanism to earlier Altea models?

There is a post from a german forum's collegue saying, that the "retro-fitting kit" will be about 260 Euro in Austria and less than 300 Euros in Germany ... plus approx. 2 hours of working costs.
Sorry, no part-numbers out so far ... but I will post it here as soon as there is more specific info.

Meanwhile some more pics of my Sporty's rear seats ... (haven't seen much fotos of member's cars in full or detail yet ... is there probably a hidden room? ... let me know if there is ... [B)] )

... be back for more ...
Klaus

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
alterego said:

I ordered the rear sliding seats on my Toledo Sport (~£130), thought they might be useful and didn't think they would be offered as a retrofit.
Again, just like the sunroof, I couldn't look at an Altea or Toledo with this function, as no dealer had a car with them fitted. :(

John.

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
It's me back again ...

meanwhile I found an extraordinary resource for a close to live performance of the "multipositional rear seat effect" ... thanx to Jaytee, who kind of pointed me there:

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/altea/site/gallery/360degree/main.html

Once again, SEAT manages to arrange their various homepages tremendously different and it's always revealing something new with each country-site you visit.

Klaus

brycem

Klaus,

that was an excellent find. Seems stupid to have some of their sites and not others!

How do you and anyone else who wants to contribute find the ride comfort with sports suspension? I live in Edinburgh and cobbled streets and potholes are thus commonplace! I read tha the ride was on the firm side.

Thanks

Bryce

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
brycem said:
How do you and anyone else who wants to contribute find the ride comfort with sports suspension? I live in Edinburgh and cobbled streets and potholes are thus commonplace! I read tha the ride was on the firm side.
"Taste is a matter of taste" ...
and speaking about my preferences I better let you know a little more about myself and my hobbies:
I'm in the late 40s and have been into sports (practicing!) all my life.
Nowadays I spend lots of hours in my spare time racing my bike (which is on the extremely firm side when speeding on rough road surfaces) as well as my motorcycle (Kawa 1200 ZZR) ... so when it comes to potholes, maybe I'm somewhat accustomed to endure such pain a little better than the average ;)

But the main aspect that made me order the SportEdition has been the seating and not so much the sport suspension with the 17' Zenith alloys (thou they gain each time I look at 'em).
Those sport seats are really fantastic ... hope their tight fitting - almost like a glove - will last over the years and not wear out too soon.
(But careful: "bigger" people should absolutely check if they feel comfortable with these. :think: )
Mentioning the wheels, my Altea came with 225/45R17 Pirelli tyres, which are said to be a lot smoother and more quiet than the "noisy" Bridgestones (delivered over here mainly with MY2005). No chance for testing any other than my Pirellis yet, so I can't really tell ... having had 205/55 with Dunlop on my previous Mazda 323 V6 GT, the Altea sure feels a little rougher.

Driving my Sporty for 3 1/2 months now, it's still fun and I don't regret my decision for the "less comfortable" but "more enjoyable" sporting package.

Now, decision is on you ... best would be to find a dealer who holds both versions (comfort/sport) for testing ... at least you couldn't blame me for acting on my advice then ;)

Greets
Klaus

nimay

Aug 26, 2004
Klawit what type of pirellis do you have on your Altea?

Excellent colour choice by the way

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hello nimay,
thanks, if your avatar shows yours ... not bad either :clap:

My Sporty came with the Pirelli P7 ... without having any influence on the type of tyres, as they are said to be factory mounted in Martorell/Spain in the same order as the suppliers trucks arrive ... so glad, Bridgestone was late that day :D

Greets
Klaus

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I'll have some for sale in a short while. I'm selling the Altea and will be putting the standard ones back in before she goes. If you're interested. £100 I paid for them plus postage so you can have 'em for that I reckon.

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but i've ordered a new Altea and wondered if they still had the sliding rear seats? The brochure doesn't say :help:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.